Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wiring goodies...

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Wiring Harness is out.... Over 25 lbf of wiring (excluding the fuse boxes)..

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Pre-intercooler piping is ready...

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Invest in a leak tester... Best 50 bucks I've ever spent. Found 4 leaks with this thing..

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Dinner today is a ribeye Steak and homemade bread....

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Then made a template for my relay/fuse panel

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Why the hole saw'd ends on the intercooler pipes? I've seen (and done) that for exhaust piping before, but I've never seen that done on intake side pluming.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Why the hole saw'd ends on the intercooler pipes? I've seen (and done) that for exhaust piping before, but I've never seen that done on intake side pluming.
@te72 One negative to piping/couplers is that pipes will protrude inside the angled coupler. Any protrusion in the path of the air inside the pipes will cause turbulence and increase pressure losses. This will in turn affect spool and decrease horsepower. I hope that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
What kind of a time-attack car doesn't have composites??!!!

breaking out the Carbon Fiber ...HERE WE GO

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Assembled Relay/Fuse Panel

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
@te72 One negative to piping/couplers is that pipes will protrude inside the angled coupler. Any protrusion in the path of the air inside the pipes will cause turbulence and increase pressure losses. This will in turn affect spool and decrease horsepower. I hope that makes sense.
Are you suggesting that these cuts will improve laminar flow inside the pipes? If so, that's never a bad thing...

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Are you suggesting that these cuts will improve laminar flow inside the pipes? If so, that's never a bad thing...
More or less, yes. I don't think the flow will be laminar all the time because it will depend on velocity and where it's at in the pipes. But, at least, the cuts will significantly reduce swirling and high pressure areas. This would definitely reduce pressure losses. Welded pipes have the upper hand in this regard, but you will deal with different cons.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Well interesting. I like the theory of pursuing those little things, it's what separates good cars from great ones.

Flyin Miata has one piece intercooler pipes made from silicone, for their turbo setups. Always seemed like a nice option, but not likely a realistic one for custom setups...

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
My apologies for not updating this thread.
I got the car wired up and been tracking a tuning problem... Mainly Idle. I usually can't move on to different tasks till the one at hand is finished to my satisfaction, but I was able to tackle other stuff in tandem. I'll list them in the next few posts.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Got the some vacuum bagging supplies... These things are expensive...

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Test-fitting my center console. My fuse box sits under the radio (gutted).

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Mocking up my switches... I couldn't think of a better low-key location for them. Center console is perfect.

Master Switch with a resettable circuit breaker

Attachments

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Took out the CD Changer, Amplifier and sub. They weighed over 20 pounds...

21 - 40 of 60 Posts