Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any road courses with open entries around NJ anywhere? i mean open as in you can run your street car as long as you have a helmet and brakes...Similar to "tech inspection" at e-town. I cant seem to find any road courses around here though

· Weapon of Mass Affection
7,729 Posts
The best local tracks are Lime Rock CT and Watkins Glen NY. Due to your age on certain days you cannot run without an instructor at either track. PA and VA each have atleast one good track too if you don't mind the drive. I find it easier to drive down to CT than to go to the Glen just because of the drive.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
I can not find the post anymore...I thought it was a sticky. But I remember there was suppose to be a very large road course being build within my area (south jersey). I believe Ranger posted it but can't recall really. Anyone know where that thread went?

· Registered
13,982 Posts

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
Is this the large motorsports park you mentioned?: http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/
yes thats it. I knew it was "thunder" something just couldn't remember what that something was. It should be gearing up soon right? They said mid-2006 and thats now. Anyone know anything about this? It's within minutes of my home.

Thanks Nick!

· Registered
13,982 Posts
I know another member here from around Vorhees, paul_c is on the board for Thunderbolt so he probably has the latest news but he doesn't post here often. Last report I saw on the track's site said Phase 1 is now scheduled to open Spring 2007, with Phase 2 & 3 over the next 5 to 7 years to include hotels, restaurants, offices, stores. I'm not sure exactly how this venue will operate, first I thought it was just a track and they will offer various race and track event venues, then I had the impression it would be a private "racetrack country club" type venue for members only, so I'm not sure. I think they are selling trackside condo's for the serious participant/investor type.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
interesting. I hope they don't turn it into to much of a country club like some type of a golf club. I'm not one for paying money to be a member of something when all I want it to simply use a safe enviornment to road race. I have no need for condos, resturants, etc., just the track. Anyway thanks for the info. I'll be keeping my eye on this place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.