Supra Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Phantasm
1,119 Posts
In reply to Rob's request for information regarding lawsuits and rulings, I feel like I should speak up. I am not here to slander or name call. I am here to list facts. Facts that you can easily look up for yourself. Unfortunately I am the individual anonymously mentioned in the previous post that was trusting enough to pay Mr. Otte in cash. I learned my lesson the hard way, and I am posting this information so that someone else in the future doesn't get the same disturbing consequences.

Lawsuits can be looked up on the casenet website. I don't know the exact url offhand but you can google casenet missouri and the website should be the first one to pop up. There you can enter information such as defendant name, namely a Mr. Robert Otte. I know that my case is there. Normally I wouldn't put such information out there for the world to see, but like I said before, I am only here to inform the people of this forum what Mr. Otte is capable of.

Very cliche scenario, Rob became my 'friend', I trusted him with my car and my money. I ended up having to go to court just to get my car back, in pieces no less. I am not pointing fingers, but there were parts missing that I had to replace, an engine that needed to be rebuilt, lawyer fees that had to be paid, etc. etc. All in all, I was out quite a bit of money. Simple really, if I had never trusted Rob, I would never have ended up in that situation.

Let me sum it up here in two short phrases....

Fact: I filed a lawsuit against Robert Otte.

Fact: The courts ruled in my favor.

End of story people. Please heed this warning. If you have done business with him before and left unscathed, then more power to you. But remember, even the most prolific con artist has moments of honesty.
I would also like to add that me and the person above has never met. We only know eachother through this situation. So it's not like we are buddies trying to team up. Two people with two different cases.I feel after this post and mine you people have been warned. From here on out i will be moving on ( like i have been) with my life and leaving Rob in the past. Unless of course this gets deleted. Rob can say what he wants. And you can believe what you want. But the weight is off my shoulders now.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The two lawsuits I know of came down to not having anything on paper. Rob comes at you like a friend. You get to trust him. He is very convincing and comes off as an awesome guy. Then you trust him with your money. Luckly, i was smart enough to not give him cash. (other guy was not that lucky). Rob filed a counter against me and tried to get me to back down. He stayed strong all the way till 12 hours before trial and called me personaly to settle out of court once he found out the other guy that ended up pressing charges against him was being called on us to go to court also. The reason i settled is because even if i got all my money back, i would have had to pay 3 times as much in lawyer fee's and would of probably ended up with the same amount. The other guy filled shortly after me. I was also banned by rob on another car site (stlsr), and was not able to speak out on my experience. If i was able to, i feel the other guy that had to press charges would had never dealt with him. That's why i feel the need to warn you people on SF. If you want to trust him, fine. At least i wont feel like i didn't speak up. All i suggest is no matter what, GET EVERY THING YOU DO WITH ROB ON PAPER. Do not skip ANY details. And do NOT give him cash. As far as having others that praise him, you can't catch fish with dirt. In my opinion, i think Rob is a con artist. After pressing charges against him, i had a decent amount of people come forward about problems with him ( including the person that pressed charges also). I am not going to speak for them, but it sounds like a few came forward on this site already. I know Rob will try and smooth talk his way out, but at least i gave you guys a heads up. If making a thread like this doesn't set off a red flag for you, then good luck
Now that is just sweet J.

Your lawyer called my lawyer, who had me call you.

You never "pressed charges" against me, because there was nothing criminal, and you know this.

You backed out of a deal, and wanted your money back, plain and simple. I gave you 5k back because I thought it would settle things a bit, and I was maintaining items that exceeded that value. ANything you say does not change that fact. In hindsight I should have taken my attorneys advice, and just proceeded leaving you with nothing.

You ran out of money at tax time to finish paying for something you agreed to. 9k of the money you gave me came from a equity line on your moms house. That should have sent me running, but I thought I knew more about you than what I did.

The other people also backed out of a deal.

Yes, for a long time I let myself get run over by some people, and when I made a stand against being the one paying out of my pocket for others mistakes it came to a head.

You cannot run a business catering to people, and not have issues. Some like to point fingers at others, and deflect their responsibility in dealings, but it doesn't change the facts. Yes, I have issues with people, who running a business has not? Funny how as long as people are getting what they want for little or free there is no issue, but once they have to pay for their mistakes it is always someone elses fault.

I do not need your money Jason, I never did. You like to express what a lousy business person I am, but yet here I stand running a very profitable business with no debt that employ's over 100 people at any given time. I do work for some of the biggest retailers in this country, and funny how never once has my integrity been challenged. I am called upon to do work before price is even discussed many times with them knowing I am going to be fair, and honest in my dealings with them.

You filing suit was the best thing that ever happened to me. it got me away from wasting my time and on to much more productive things with people who honor their word.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
In reply to Rob's request for information regarding lawsuits and rulings, I feel like I should speak up. I am not here to slander or name call. I am here to list facts. Facts that you can easily look up for yourself. Unfortunately I am the individual anonymously mentioned in the previous post that was trusting enough to pay Mr. Otte in cash. I learned my lesson the hard way, and I am posting this information so that someone else in the future doesn't get the same disturbing consequences.

Lawsuits can be looked up on the casenet website. I don't know the exact url offhand but you can google casenet missouri and the website should be the first one to pop up. There you can enter information such as defendant name, namely a Mr. Robert Otte. I know that my case is there. Normally I wouldn't put such information out there for the world to see, but like I said before, I am only here to inform the people of this forum what Mr. Otte is capable of.

Very cliche scenario, Rob became my 'friend', I trusted him with my car and my money. I ended up having to go to court just to get my car back, in pieces no less. I am not pointing fingers, but there were parts missing that I had to replace, an engine that needed to be rebuilt, lawyer fees that had to be paid, etc. etc. All in all, I was out quite a bit of money. Simple really, if I had never trusted Rob, I would never have ended up in that situation.

Let me sum it up here in two short phrases....

Fact: I filed a lawsuit against Robert Otte.

Fact: The courts ruled in my favor.

End of story people. Please heed this warning. If you have done business with him before and left unscathed, then more power to you. But remember, even the most prolific con artist has moments of honesty.
Lovely Ting, and very eloquent. I must say you are leaving quite a few facts out of this;

You did not even give me money to cover the parts, let alone any labor involved.

I did not know you from adam when you had your car towed to my shop, you knew me only from a couple meetings at another location.

The courts did not rule in your favor. you were suing me for 25,000 and to put your car back together after you had not paid ANY labor, and it was pulled apart again at your request.

The courts found in my favor, not yours. They did not make you pay storage, but so be it. I got rid of the headache, and did not have to pay you a dime. This was a victory how?

·
Phantasm
1,119 Posts
Now that is just sweet J.

Your lawyer called my lawyer, who had me call you.

You never "pressed charges" against me, because there was nothing criminal, and you know this.

You backed out of a deal, and wanted your money back, plain and simple. I gave you 5k back because I thought it would settle things a bit, and I was maintaining items that exceeded that value. ANything you say does not change that fact. In hindsight I should have taken my attorneys advice, and just proceeded leaving you with nothing.

You ran out of money at tax time to finish paying for something you agreed to. 9k of the money you gave me came from a equity line on your moms house. That should have sent me running, but I thought I knew more about you than what I did.

The other people also backed out of a deal.

Yes, for a long time I let myself get run over by some people, and when I made a stand against being the one paying out of my pocket for others mistakes it came to a head.

You cannot run a business catering to people, and not have issues. Some like to point fingers at others, and deflect their responsibility in dealings, but it doesn't change the facts. Yes, I have issues with people, who running a business has not? Funny how as long as people are getting what they want for little or free there is no issue, but once they have to pay for their mistakes it is always someone elses fault.

I do not need your money Jason, I never did. You like to express what a lousy business person I am, but yet here I stand running a very profitable business with no debt that employ's over 100 people at any given time. I do work for some of the biggest retailers in this country, and funny how never once has my integrity been challenged. I am called upon to do work before price is even discussed many times with them knowing I am going to be fair, and honest in my dealings with them.

You filing suit was the best thing that ever happened to me. it got me away from wasting my time and on to much more productive things with people who honor their word.
Keep making up those long excuses. Some things never change. If they want to believe them they can. At least they can't say they were not warned.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
As you say J. I am whatever you say I am.
Keep making up those long excuses. Some things never change. If they want to believe them they can. At least they can't say they were not warned.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Devious Robert,

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. There are documents of which you were not privy to. You say you wanted to rid yourself of headache? Then that makes two of us. Lets not forget that I was there in the courtroom that day. I know what I asked for from the judge and I received everything that I requested. Lets all google replevin now shall we? There comes a time when a person tells themselves to just cut their losses and run as far away as possible from a situation that can only deteriorate from that point.

But I digress. Again, people can look up the case on cyberspace, read our posts and take them for face value. I do not wish ill upon anyone, not the people on this forum or even you for that matter. I am done with all of this. If what you say is true about your success in life, then I am happy for you. But lets be honest with ourselves. This success that you speak of did not come to you unless you changed your way of doing business.

I am not interested enough to get into how we knew each other or if we were friends, or even business partners for that matter. Lets go with your story of us not knowing each other and run with it. Even if i were interested, I would only bring up things that I can back up for all of this forum to see. I have documents and evidence, you have documents and evidence. I am not here to play tag. This is one persons advise to the people who haven't fallen into a comatose state while reading all of these long posts.

That is it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That I will have to agree with you about, I have said what I want to say, with exception that I have not changed the way I do business, or how I deal with the matters before me. I just deal with a different class of people.
Devious Robert,

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. There are documents of which you were not privy to. You say you wanted to rid yourself of headache? Then that makes two of us. Lets not forget that I was there in the courtroom that day. I know what I asked for from the judge and I received everything that I requested. Lets all google replevin now shall we? There comes a time when a person tells themselves to just cut their losses and run as far away as possible from a situation that can only deteriorate from that point.

But I digress. Again, people can look up the case on cyberspace, read our posts and take them for face value. I do not wish ill upon anyone, not the people on this forum or even you for that matter. I am done with all of this. If what you say is true about your success in life, then I am happy for you. But lets be honest with ourselves. This success that you speak of did not come to you unless you changed your way of doing business.

I am not interested enough to get into how we knew each other or if we were friends, or even business partners for that matter. Lets go with your story of us not knowing each other and run with it. Even if i were interested, I would only bring up things that I can back up for all of this forum to see. I have documents and evidence, you have documents and evidence. I am not here to play tag. This is one persons advise to the people who haven't fallen into a comatose state while reading all of these long posts.

That is it.

·
Phantasm
1,119 Posts
I would like to add that I have bought two mkiv's from honest sellers on this site. I have had one motor built by Ryan (another honest seller on this site). Another built from a honest shop (accelerated). And I had one car built by Sound Performance years before dealing with this man. All with zero problems. And all paid with honest hard earned money. My trader rating also shows me buying and selling products to other memebers with 100% positive feed back for the last 7 to 8 years. And if i remember, tcr01 has since taken his supra to another shop to be completely re done with zero problems. And is also a small honest business owner like myself.

·
Registered
286 Posts
wow i didnt know all this happened....rob lives down the road from me, and from the looks of things business is not going too well.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts