Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together a nice street stereo system. Not looking to shatter windows or win trophies, just sound good. I listen to mostly modern metal and some techno-industrial stuff, so I just need some tight bass.

My question:

I was recently convinced by a stereo shop to purchase a single RF HE2 10" single sub, and power it with an RF 150.1 Monoblock sub amp. The shop said this would work well for my needs, and should hit hard regardless of the small size. Any thoughts on this simple combo?

Oh, if it matters, I am running a Kenwood deck, Kenwood passive EQ, and 4 Cerwin-Vega 6.5" speakers powered by an RF 4-channel amp. Thanks.

N

·
0 Posts
Stay away from the Rockford subs, they have horrible SQ(Sound Quality for all you non-audio gurus). Go with JL Audio, IMO best bang for the buck.

T

·
0 Posts
RF is good. FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Dude, return that crap and get something else.

For your purpose a nice 10" JL W6 would be perfect. Or a Infinity 10.1.

Get an Orion amp or something equivalent.

If you dont mind telling us how much you payed, im sure you could get something much better for the same price.

P

·
0 Posts
TITO said:
RF is good. FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Dude, return that crap and get something else.

For your purpose a nice 10" JL W6 would be perfect. Or a Infinity 10.1.

Get an Orion amp or something equivalent.

If you dont mind telling us how much you payed, im sure you could get something much better for the same price.
I got two 12" HE2 Fosgates that I will be trying with a soundstream 414amp. I will let you guys know on Next Sat how they sound.! Hopefully I won't have to return for the JLs or something equivalent. I only paid $120 each sub...I think that's cheap......

Bump Bump

Patrick:p

S

·
0 Posts
BIG Boo to RF, when I got my car my friend gave me his RF 12" and I guess its good for free, but i HATE RF they sound like crap when Compared to JL or a real company, Just spend the extra 50 or whatever and get a REAL sub... its worth it, once you hear the two you will agree.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts