Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for OEM NUBERED ROD BEARINGS for an 89 turbo I can not really wait for two weeks for them to come from japan. Anyone know of anywhere I can get them FAST?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I have a spare set of standard sized King bearings, but I dunno if they are numbered. I remember reading about if before, but don't remember much about it now... please remind me...what's the numbering for?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
sounds like you got rodknock and dont want to do any machine work.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No rodknock just rebuilt after a bhg everything done right. 2.0mm thick 85mm bore cometic MLS head gasket, .20 oversized pistons, decked and ploished. Crankshaft straightened, poilshed, and head rebuilt. Engine went together amazing I was very impressed.

But now the problem is that the oil pressure is to low I thought maybe I got a non-turbo oil pump but I replaced it and the same problem. I did some more research after that and talked to some old-school mechanics who have been working on these engines since the begining of time and found out that it is a bearing problem I am not getting the right clearances. I have been through three sets already trying to figure it out cleavite, oem .25mm and oem standard, now my only hope is oem ones that are numbered but I cant find a toyota dealer in north america that has them. Called Japan and its going to take 1-2 weeks I cant wait that long my winter beater has sparked its last spark and I have to go to school and work.

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
YourRealDaddy said:
No rodknock just rebuilt after a bhg everything done right. 2.0mm thick 85mm bore cometic MLS head gasket, .20 oversized pistons, decked and ploished. Crankshaft straightened, poilshed, and head rebuilt. Engine went together amazing I was very impressed.

But now the problem is that the oil pressure is to low I thought maybe I got a non-turbo oil pump but I replaced it and the same problem. I did some more research after that and talked to some old-school mechanics who have been working on these engines since the begining of time and found out that it is a bearing problem I am not getting the right clearances. I have been through three sets already trying to figure it out cleavite, oem .25mm and oem standard, now my only hope is oem ones that are numbered but I cant find a toyota dealer in north america that has them. Called Japan and its going to take 1-2 weeks I cant wait that long my winter beater has sparked its last spark and I have to go to school and work.

what do you consider low oil pressure? I hope you read the specs here:

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/lu/LU_04.html

·
Registered
273 Posts
YourRealDaddy said:

Have you been checking your oil clearances?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
low oil pressure is 20psi at 3000rpm. My clearences are over the range in the manual . Does anyone know where I can buy these bearings besides from japan?

·
92 TURBO
1,001 Posts
YourRealDaddy said:
I am looking for OEM NUBERED ROD BEARINGS for an 89 turbo I can not really wait for two weeks for them to come from japan. Anyone know of anywhere I can get them FAST?
^ I ordered my bearings right from my Toyota dealer last July and had them the next day. I ordered the following:
4 # 13041- 42010- 02 for cyl. #2, 4, 5 & 6
1 # 13041- 42010- 01 for cyl. # 3
1 # 13041- 42010- 03 for cyl. #1
These were the "mark" #'s that were on the originals so I just ordered the same #'s Same with the crank bearings. I paid $40 for the 6 rod bearings last July.
Here's the part/ price number link:

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/EPC/MKIII_NATO/parts/13041.html

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
YourRealDaddy said:
low oil pressure is 20psi at 3000rpm. My clearences are over the range in the manual . Does anyone know where I can buy these bearings besides from japan?
Hmmm... that's funny. My max oil pressure is 45 psi... it's been like that for over a year and I haven't had any problems. I run 10-30 oil. Idle is around 5 psi; at 3,000 rpms it was just around 20 psi like yours.

I've been told I would get rod knock running a thin oil, but so far so good. Engine runs smoother and stronger IMO when compared with the 20-50 oil.

So are you saying the bearings have too much clearance or not enough? Maybe you should have a machine shop recommend the size.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
If you've used the .25mm oversiezed bearings with no change.. then you've got much bigger problems that just a set of bearings being wrong.

You need to mic the rod journals, mic the big end of each rod, and order the proper bearings. If a set .25mm oversized won't do it.. then you likely need a new crank or new rods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts