Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I <3 red Box Beyoch.
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive blown up 3 7m's, and ive been able to figure out why they went, but this last motor was running perfect with full oil and fresh oil. Sat morning took it to the track(GLD wisconsin) ran it all day (13.8 :) ), beat the shit out of it there and back, Checked oil severl times, everything was fine no engine noise. That night i went to the old racing spot, i didnt want to race cause it was sortof an uphill race, but i raced anyhow, 3 races later, went home thought i heard some funny noises on the way home but dissregared them and was gonna check in the morning. Woke up the next morning and now i got that oh so familiar sound at around 2-4 grand, i wanted to cry. Was it the hill? Was it the high milage motor, it was at about 176,xxx running strong with no smoke and recent BHG repair. I thought this hill was harmless cause ive seen countless hondas, mustangs, camaros, race up it. Has anybody else lost a motor to rod knock that had full oil? How much of an uphill will oil starve the motor?
I need some closure please help me find out why these motors have such a low tolerance when it comes to oil starving and rod bearing failure...

·
I <3 red Box Beyoch.
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For some reason i dont think milage was the main cause, it might have made the bearing failure happen sooner, but the oil starving had to have come from the uphill, i only have small mods on my motor right now and wasnt stressing it too much at all, toyota built a great engine and 10 psi with an exhuast shouldnt put a 170,000 mile motor over the edge....when you think of the physics with our long block and therefore long oil pan, and the sump not being all the way to the rear of the pan, it is quite possible that at high rmp's that it couldnt get the cooling needed, :dunno: ,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts