Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about the rod millen brakes, i've never heard anybody talk about them so i was just curious to hear opinions. there $1100 i believe for calipers, rotors (slotted), and brake lines. should i get them or is there something better for the same price.

·
Registered
458 Posts
IMHO the stock Supra brakes are phenomenal... I'd just change to some Brembo blanked cross or slotted, some SS lines, and some nice pads. You'll be stopping in exotic car distances and be able to put the extra money you save into another part of the car...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Howdy Folks -

theman is right on - in fact, a more cost effective upgrade on the already excellent factory brakes is simply some improved pads, stainless lines, and good fluid - FYI, the Ford (I know, off all places!) HD Brake Fluid has a wet/dry boiling point as high (and higher in some cases) as the boutique fluids costing $15-20 bottle - price? $2.50 a can :D That's a well kept secret in the road race and a/x community. Of course, you'll fell like a retard pulling into a Ford lot with your Toyota!

*If* you do want to go all out, there are several manufacturers of aftermarket, high end systems, that will typically set you back starting at about $2000. FYI, I'm running the AP/Stillen setup.(Stillen makes the high end system, Rod makes simple upgrades).

They're 13.8" drilled/slotted, cryo'ed, aluminum hats, and 6-piston calipers with a ~77 sq/cm of pad area (pads look like a sub sandwich) - and these things will haul you down again and again and again without any sign of fading - roughly $2500 for the fronts only - using Brembo upgraded discs in the rear.

Seeya -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts