Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evill Supra came out to an event we had in southern IN yesterday and took me for a ride in his 380-400rwhp Supra. Stock turbo's but that was amazing. I own an 11 second 03 Cobra and the feeling was totally different. I love the little lag then the instant power. The sound of the car was amazing also. It sounds like nothing Ive heard before. I hate rice burners but I dont consider the sound or anything about the supra ricey unless people start putting sick body kits on them. Anyway, I just wanted to thank Evill Supra for taking me for a ride. I definately want to get a Supra now, that ride was the final factor. His is an auto and I would do the same! I rode in a 650rwhp KB 03 Cobra and I liked the Supra's feel and sound almost just as much. Ok, Ill shut up now, I just wanted to share this with you guys

·
0 Posts
riding a supra is sweet but wait 'til you drive one yourself.. it's like riding a Cruiser compare to a Sports Bike.. haha.. that's how it felt when i was on a Cruiser for a whole day and then jumped back to my gixxer.

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
I rode in gregz33's this summer and bought one asap I could locate one w/low miles. Thats how addicting it is. And i loved the GTP I had alot. I cheated on my GTP and have been happy with the mkiv ever since.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im looking for one right now! The cool thing is Sound Performance is only a few minutes from my house so modding it won't be such a pain like the Cobra. I drive to St. Louis to get stuff done by a reputable shop. I dont know if I should get a TT supra or n/a since Im going single anyway. Is there a difference?

P

·
0 Posts
thanks for posting. I can remember the first supra I ever saw (it was in 1994, and at night, but I'll never forget the shape. I knew right then that I was getting one someday). And I can remeber the first one I drove, which was a showroom model, Alpine Silver, at a Toyota dealership in Caldwell, New Jersey. Sticker price $53,000 and change. Oh what a feeling!

G

·
0 Posts
I first saw one seven or eight years ago with a guy who had to be 60 years old behind the wheel. I was 19, saw the shape and the sound of just a stock exhaust with the turbos was enough for me. I just had to have one. In 2002 I finally had the money and still was obsessed with it but it just took forever to find one. Finally got it in August 2002 and will never go without one.
As for the TT vs. NA (I know I am going to hear it about this but) I would have to say go TT, you get a better trans, bigger brakes and even if you don't want to take the twins out right away for that time you still have the turbos. if you buy an NA and you wanted the feel of the turbos that would just be a waste to me.
JMO
Scott

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
It's beaten to death on the forums at least once per week, but stick to the TT if you want easy bolt on performance. The NA can be converted to a monster too, but will take a lot more money and time. As you have seen, even a BPU stock twin car can be very fast, and is a really well rounded car.

Welcome to the curse...your wallet will be much lighter very soon. :p

Steve T.

ejow25 said:
...I dont know if I should get a TT supra or n/a since Im going single anyway. Is there a difference?

·
Boost Junkie
12,623 Posts
Eric,

I am glad you enjoyed the ride:) I am going to start tearing mine apart here soon to do all of the maintenance items and you are welcome to come over to the garage and check it out. They really aren't too difficult to work on-well-I always have my buddy from Newburgh here to help me-I'd prolly be lost if it wasn't for him LOL. You can check out Ron's car too-he has a T-78 Single 6 Speed with all of the goodies!

Anyways, I look forward to more good times when the weather gets better. Sunday was fricking cold!

Can't wait until you get yours-there is nothing like a Supra.

TTYL<

Steve K.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Get the TT if you plan on going single turbo. The TT has several advantages over the N/A for turbo applications. The N/A can be converted to single turbo for example oliver and dave henry so, you may want to hit them up prior to making your descision.
Off hand, I do not know the difference between the N/A auto tranny and the TT auto tranny but, there is a 100HP difference more or less so think about the upgraded components you are already getting in addition to the independent coil packs and stock 550 injectors on a TT...good luck-

-Chris

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
auto TT it is!!! I will be searching to find the perfect one since I have plenty of time as I am playing baseball in Palm Springs, CA this whole summer so I won't be home for almost a full year. Thanks for the help on this board and I hope I learn a ton from you guys in the future, before and after I get the car

·
FUCK JDM
3,933 Posts
glad u enjoyed...... welcome to the darkside ;)

prepare for the holes in your wallet :D :D

auto is great but nothing comes close to stepping on a clutch and popping in the gears.... you gotta feel the Getrag :eek:

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time. On the NA vs. TT I would say especially since you want an Auto, get the TT. The NA Auto trannies are not very strong, yes you can get built ones but it doesnt sound to me like you want to hassle with it. The TT Autos are MUCH stronger and Sound Performance can build it up if you need it stronger then stock, you will also get the bigger breaks and an easier to deal with aftermarket. Just get a TT Auto bring it to Sound Performance and have em hook you up with a beast of a car.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love shifting gears but I think the supra would be faster in auto form. Plus, no worries of missing gears. Maybe Im wrong.

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
x X CLoud X x said:

auto is great but nothing comes close to stepping on a clutch and popping in the gears.... you gotta feel the Getrag :eek:
:agreed:
I never drove or riddinen in one till I bought mine and the feeling was unbelivable. Good luck with the search.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
Welcome to the curse...your wallet will be much lighter very soon. :p

Steve T.
Weight reduction is so much easier with the wallet, eh Steve? ;)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Yes kiss all your extra money, and maybe some of your rent money, goodbye once you get into modding. But even so, I don't regret having mine for one second. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts