Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 NA with about 5k miles on a completely rebuilt motor. Everything seemed fine until today when I was driving home. At first it was a little clanking noise it stoped after a minute so I didnt think anything of it and i continued driving home. When I went to start my car about an hour later the sound was noticibly loud when I gave it a little bit of gas it got much louder so I shut the car off. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Make sure it isn't a loose exhaust bolt. If you have an exhaust leak it can sound similar. I changed head gasket and after awhile a few of the exhaust manifold bolts came loose. So on cold starts it would do it, and after it warmed up it went away. Scarred me half to death then I realized what it was.

·
Matthew 6:33
887 Posts
And people blasted me for saying I was going to buy a shortblock from Toyota when I rebuild my 7M. Another poor quality machine shop/rebuild has caused a premature 7M death. Sorry to hear bct!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.yea the motor was rebuilt/remanufactured by Orient Enigine Inc. cost me $2200 lasted just over 3k miles what a waste. It dosent sound like the sound in the clip spipedong, it is much louder. thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts