Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
General Info
For those of you who have never had your supra on a road course you are missing out on a lot of fun that drag racing and driving fast on the street cannot provide. This event is on June 18th and 19th and is called a HPDE (High Performance Drivers Education) so it actually NOT racing. This is a two day event so you should get easily over 3+ hours tracktime, and you get an in car instructor the whole time. And the best part is its only $265 for everything and all you need is a car and a snell 00 rated helmet.

I attended this same track day last year held by the same group and had an amazing time and learned a lot. Not only do you get the push your cars acceleration limits, but also corning and braking too in a safe environment.

You can find out more information and register for the event online at: http://www.thscc.com/timetrial/events/roebling.htm

Track Info
If you aren't familar with Roebling Road its a 2 mile road course located in Savannah GA. This is one of if not the best road course to start out on because its not overly technical and there is only one wall, andI have yet to see someone hit it.

Car Prep
Once again if you aren't familar with how to prepare a car for the road course here are a few things that I would hope that you have to insure you have a good time, ie something doesnt brake.
-Get a power steering cooler, $30 at discount will get the job done. Supras are known to boil the power steering and this cheap mod will solve that.
-Good front pads, I reccomend getting some XP9 or XP10 carbotech pads because you don't want brake fade when you are coming into the first trun at 150mph. Stock rear pads are fine.
-Bleed your brakes with good fluid a week or sooner before the event. Advance carries valvoline synthetic for $5 a bottle.
-Flush your coolant and use a 25% toyota red, 75% distilled water mix. It will be hot so you need a lot of water to keep from overheating.
-Make sure you have a decent alignment. If you tires arent aligned good they can get torn up VERY fast.
-To help keep the heat in the engine bay down more supras run about 1.0 bar wether its stock twins or a single.
-Make sure the a/f's under boost are in the 10's or low 11s and the most. The extra fuel will keep the egt's at a decent level coming down that front straight and also provide some extra cooling to the cyliners once everything starts to get heat soaked.

Attending
I already know 5 or 6 other people that will be attending so it should be a really fun time and it would be really nice to see more supras on the road course. The car club that is putting on the event is a Z club so there will be a lot of 350z's out as well as RX7s, porsches, corvettes, mustangs, 300zxs, ect. There is a lot of good information on in the link about what to bring with ect. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Mike - Car #5

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sounds like tons of fun, pending motor build/break in/tune period, i'll def try to make it out there :)

....ahem, Mike, tune, ahem :D

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
i was reading all about this stuff on the SCAA website.... are you a member?...

I might just have to give this a shot =)

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I am not a member of SCCA, but with this group you don't have to be, which is another good reason to run with them. If you are remotely thinking about coming out, you should but I will warn you once you give it a shot you will be hooked.

Mike

·
In the shadow...
1,452 Posts
anybody who never tried road couse should give a shout at it, its so much fun!!!and usually it costs MUCH more than that!!

-Seb

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SupraSeb said:
anybody who never tried road couse should give a shout at it, its so much fun!!!and usually it costs MUCH more than that!!

-Seb
Don't tell me you have roadraced that automatic of yours? What track have you been on?

·
In the shadow...
1,452 Posts
MTR said:
Don't tell me you have roadraced that automatic of yours? What track have you been on?
grrrr god damn server overload shit I had a huge text written for nothing, so ill just sum it up im too lazy to retype. I was into roadracing before drag racing and I miss road racing. We'll talk about it more when we meet again lol

PS did I mention I hate the server overload shit :mad:

-Seb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts