Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
you make a cage and a traga top fit. i talked to one company that does then for the supra. But it was like $3500 to do. I said screw it, put in a regular cage. If you want to curize with the top just make sure your dont go real far away if they are calling for rain!

·
basupra's worst nightmare
1,267 Posts
You can get the S&W kit and modify the rear bars to allow targa storage. That's what I did to mine.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
SpoolnV8 said:
xtrememotorwerks.com i believe he builds cages for cars with targa tops and they still are able to go in the trunk.... when i talk to him tomorrow ill double check.. he builds them all using CAD... so he could even bend up the pipes... and send them to you to be welded in...
keep us posted and a price would be nice too

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I had mine done by a local shop and it was nowhere near as expensive as $3500. I cannot look at that pic since it won't come up but mine has two points to the rear strut towers, two down behind the seat, a crossbar in the main hoop, two bars run along the rockers to the front footwell area, and two bars that can be lifted and pinned at the track just below my shoulders. Mine is mild steel, it could just as easily have been done in Cro-Mo for added cost. I can store my targa easily but my backseat is a junglegym :)

Edit: Removed name of shop - damned naming of these places confused me and I was thinking of another shop - my apologies.

·
320hp
1,009 Posts
BLKMGK said:
Suggest looking up some of the recent experiences with Xtreme before going there. I had mine done by a local shop and it was nowhere near as expensive as $3500. I cannot look at that pic since it won't come up but mine has two points to the rear strut towers, two down behind the seat, a crossbar in the main hoop, two bars run along the rockers to the front footwell area, and two bars that can be lifted and pinned at the track just below my shoulders. Mine is mild steel, it could just as easily have been done in Cro-Mo for added cost. I can store my targa easily but my backseat is a junglegym :)
lets hear it?? i have looked didnt find anything, i bought some parts and was up there last week, he was completing a cage on a GSX and it looked pretty damn good...
whats your input

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
SpoolnV8 said:
lets hear it?? i have looked didnt find anything, i bought some parts and was up there last week, he was completing a cage on a GSX and it looked pretty damn good...
whats your input
I was referring to this thread- >http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271376&highlight=dyno

Xtreme, Xotic, Xanadu - :wtflol: ! My apologies, I was thinking of another somewhat local shop who I know has done chassis work on our cars before but has been having some pretty F*'d up customer experiences lately. I'd still suggesting doing a search on the shop just in case as it never hurts but it would seem I was confusing this shop with another shop that has a goofy X name. Bet it's not the first time that's been confusing <sigh>

·
320hp
1,009 Posts
ok i gotcha, i have not known carl for all that long, but he seems like a very knowledgable guy, he got me some great prices on some parts that i have bought, he doesnt have a huge shop.

But i had the same consern, carl designs all his Cages on CAD... i havent bought one yet... when i do i can than vouch for his cages.

·
Banned
297 Posts
Hey, there are some pictures of two cages i did on the forum under drag racing, the topic was roll cages i beleive. I can bend and pipe custom spec or whatever. We have full CNC tubing benders so we gaurentee accurace to 1/64 of an inch.

Hey blkmgk, man you should have know better man. Haha...No worries!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts