Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone who has recently installed a cage, have any suggestions. Should i go with a S&W or should i custom fab one. Anyone have chrome moly or just steel. What are the rules for NHRA 8 or 10 point. I am a couple months away from possibly installing a cage and would like any back ground.
Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
I installed the S&W steel cage in my car. Your going to have to custom fit some of the bars. The bar end notches aren't the best.

My $.02 if I had to do it again I would just have one custom made. The extra money is well worth the time you will waste trying to fit the S&W.

·
Administrator
4,971 Posts
I used only the main hoop, harness bar, and side bars from the S&W. (The we had to modify the harness bar to make it fit and bent the sidebars to clear the stock seats.)

I'm not really sure it would still be cheaper to start with the S&W or build a custom one from scratch. I didn't use the rear bars because I wanted a different setup.

A few pics can be seen at www.rsasupra.com

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
RSA Supra said:
I used only the main hoop, harness bar, and side bars from the S&W. (The we had to modify the harness bar to make it fit and bent the sidebars to clear the stock seats.)

I'm not really sure it would still be cheaper to start with the S&W or build a custom one from scratch. I didn't use the rear bars because I wanted a different setup.

A few pics can be seen at www.rsasupra.com
looking at what you did with your side bars.. they look real low, to be nhra legel they should be between your elbow and shoulder..jay:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts