Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a company that sells a roll cage kit for the Supra? (with the front bars, etc). Thx

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Last time I called SW they said that they had the part number for the front part of the cage, but they weren't actually able to make the part yet. I sent Mark a email, thx

·
Banned
297 Posts
We actually have a 8 point kit for the supra, either around the dash or through the small speaker holes. It is was designed in cad and bent on our cnc pipe bender. Comes complete with 6" X 6" mounting plates.

Part Numbers:
All Cages are 4130 Chromoly .083 Wall 1.625" Plates are .250 4130 Plate
***Note Kit's Require Welding & Notching***
**Note Swing Outs are machined from solid 4130 stock and come with NAS hardware used in aircraft aplication**
**Swing Out's are 165.99 per side**

6Pt $689.89

6Pt w/Billet Swing Out $849.89

8Pt Around Dash $1289.99

8Pt Through Dash $1259.99

Kits come complete with in structions, and ship UPS ground

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Pics please?
Peter

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In general, whats the weight difference between a mild steel cage and a chromoly one?

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
wieght

DaveH said:
In general, whats the weight difference between a mild steel cage and a chromoly one?
every cage /rollbar we have weighed ,the difference comes out to mild steel being about 33%heavier ,than C/Moly:)
bob

·
Inline for the win
4,741 Posts
EightSecondSupra2 said:
We actually have a 8 point kit for the supra, either around the dash or through the small speaker holes. It is was designed in cad and bent on our cnc pipe bender. Comes complete with 6" X 6" mounting plates.

Part Numbers:
All Cages are 4130 Chromoly .083 Wall 1.625" Plates are .250 4130 Plate
***Note Kit's Require Welding & Notching***
**Note Swing Outs are machined from solid 4130 stock and come with NAS hardware used in aircraft aplication**
**Swing Out's are 165.99 per side**

6Pt $689.89

6Pt w/Billet Swing Out $849.89

8Pt Around Dash $1289.99

8Pt Through Dash $1259.99

Kits come complete with in structions, and ship UPS ground
Can you provide pics of your setup? Does it end at the shock towers in a X-brace? or through the plastic rear panels? or in the targa/spare tire location?

I am looking for a setup that will attach to the crossbeam that connects the shocktowers together in the rear. I wish to still access my targa holder for those random topless days..

DP

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It appears that you need the *funny car* looking bars around the driver to run quicker than 8.50 (at least according to nhra rulebook). But I've never seen these bars in any of the Supra's that run quicker than 8.50. How do they get away with that? Here are the bars I'm referring to.

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
DaveH said:
It appears that you need the *funny car* looking bars around the driver to run quicker than 8.50 (at least according to nhra rulebook). But I've never seen these bars in any of the Supra's that run quicker than 8.50. How do they get away with that? Here are the bars I'm referring to.
you need alot more then that dave... your car has to meet sfi specs for its weight;) lotta bars on the floor.... they only just put these rules into effect for 05, so guys who had there cars certified before jan will be legal for 3 years with just a plain cage..and you didnt need the funny car stuff you posted either.. we have cars that we did in nov-dec that are legal to 7.50 and aren't up to the sfi specs because of it...

jay

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
just to give you an idea on what your looking at for a 25.5 spec cage which is for a full bodied car stock or modified /oem floorpan and firewall with oem frame or uni body construction with a max weight of 3600 lbs...

lotta bars:D if your not back halfing the car you would'nt have the 2 rails that you see in the pic coming off the back of the cage..but everything else would still remain...

jay

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I am interested in a cage too. Between mild steel and chromoly, which one is stronger?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very funny Jay.... posting pics of that jungle gym....

:eek:

Is that a SFI book you got that from? Do lighter cars get away with less bars or more? How do you get that SFI book?

So prior to this year, all you needed were the bars in the pic I posted, but the new rules specify that you have to build that jungle gym?

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
DaveH said:
Very funny Jay.... posting pics of that jungle gym....

:eek:

Is that a SFI book you got that from? Do lighter cars get away with less bars or more? How do you get that SFI book?

So prior to this year, all you needed were the bars in the pic I posted, but the new rules specify that you have to build that jungle gym?
prior to this year you didnt need the funny car part...you just needed a cage...just like this...

this car is certified to 7.50 because we finished it and got it through before jan...

as far as bars on the lighter cars(sfi specs) there still alot of bars dave;) only a few change...

do a search, you can buy the books from sfi..as far as i know thats the only way to get them..

jay

·
Banned
297 Posts
Chromoly is much stronger and lighter than mild steel. To be legal the mild must be mig welded which in my opinion is no were near the stregth or clean apperance of the tig'd chromoly. We can professionally install these cages if any one so desires.

All the cages are CAD designed and then bent. We have all the dimension for the supra and can do any type of one off.

I will post some pictures tomorrow, of our components

1 - 20 of 77 Posts