Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody running a roll controll (line lock) on their MKIV.
I have installed it on the front brakes. It is holding at minimal brake pressure. I can do a burn out manually holding the brake pedal down. But when I press the brakes at full pressure, hold roll controll button, release brake pedel, then try do a burn out the roll controll holds but i roll foward slowly.

So the problem is the roll controll holds but not strong enough to keep me at a stand still while burning tires.

Is there a pressure bolt or whatever that when srewed in or out it will hold more pressure.

Can i put more than 10 amps to the solinoid to hold more pressure.

Also I lost my instrutions, I dont know what amperage i should give to the soliniod, but the switch is for 10 amps so i wired it to a 10 amp fuse.

Help I want it to work correctly.
Anyone with extensive knowledge think its a bad soliniod.

Thanks Fin

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Make sure you are pumping the hell out of the brakes before engaging the solenoid. It could be a bad solenoid, a friend of mine had this same problem on his MR-2 and it ended up being the solenoid. You may want to bleed your brake system to double check too....

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I'll assume there is no air in the system, and the brakes work good normally? I have a Hurst line lock, but I think most all brands are roughly the same. There is no adjustment that I'm aware of. Either it works or it doesn't. Have someone listen closely to the unit as you activate and de-activate it, and make sure you hear a click. If it is clicking, then it simply needs a rebuild. Rebuild kits are cheap and easy to put in.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
I had this problem when I first installed my line lock. Found out that I had to really STOMP the brakes and keep my foot down, click the solenoid, then stomp the breaks again. Then the solenoid would hold. After awhile it got to a point where all I had to do was click the solenoid and the brakes would lock on their own, didnt have to press the pedal down.

·
(GRAVEDIGGER) 3.3L Supra
614 Posts
same problem with me can figure this out either. but seems like my ends ae leaking a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts