Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all who've done it yourselves, what method did you use? Grind it down? Cut and bend it up? Roll it with a bat? I need to do mine but need an easy/non distructive (to the paint) way to do it...

Thanks-

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well, first I put painters tape around the fender. Then I marked where I wanted to cut to have a guide. I then took a dremel with about 20 wheels (20 per side) and slowly started cutting. It took about 45 minutes per side to cut. After I cut the lip off I sanded the inner edge all the way around so when you're washing your car you don't cut yourself on the sharp metal that will be left. I then sprayed the cut edge with a clear enamel so that it will never rust. Worked great for me. Hope this helps.

R

·
0 Posts
There's actually a tool made for rolling fenders.. Not sure who makes it though. It's basically a big roller mounted on an adjustable arm that fits on the brake hub.. just pop the wheel off, mount the tool like you would with a wheel, adjust the arm so the roller is right on the fender, and roll it around. There's one shop in the area I know of that has it, and according to the owner it's a damn expensive tool. The funny thing is, is does pretty much the same thing as rolling a baseball bat through the wheel well.... I've used this method on two cars and it works fine.

-R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts