Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Old School
4,436 Posts
Rome_The_Supraman said:

CKanderson - Henry @MSD said that most shop will go by the directions that are wrong for the MKIV. He told me from years of experience that you have to bypass a selinold or something like that. He said that your suppose to have it hooked up to both turbo's. The graph does show that my spool or lack of getting boost is very slow as if the 2nd turbo is not getting pressure or something like that.

Perhaps you misunderstood Henry, but you do NOT connect an EBC on stock twins to both turbos, only to the wastegate that is on the first turbo, the one nearest the front of the car.

Use the directions from mkiv.com for the Blitz DSBC, all you need to do is pay attention to the way the solenoid is connected, the way it's described in the link below is correct for all EBC's.

It's not at all hard to do yourself.

Click here for EBC directions

· Old School
4,436 Posts
Rome_The_Supraman said:
If I remember correctly Henry said that he said it is suppose to be connected to the front wastegate aculator and back as well.
Don't let him connect your EBC like that, and for God's sake don't pay him to do it that way.

That's the common, and wrong way to do it that causes the 1st turbo to overboost while you lose pre-spool to #2. The instructions that accompany the EBC's from Japan show that method. Wrong, wrong, wrong. :)

Hook it up as described in the www.mkiv.com Tech Articles section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.