Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
I am the guy with the red 96 supra TT automatic. At midnight performance(the local dynojet machine) I was putting down 345 RWHP at 16lbs of boost on stock plugs in 100 degree heat. With those #'s, I'd trap about 109mph or so. Since then, I changed my plugs(good for 113mph) and obviously had henry tune my safc2(not yet run). With that done at 45 degrees out henry's machine said I was putting down 306, prior to the tune, the same setup that got me a 113mph trap speed, his machine said I was putting down about 285. Obviously reading very low, but it seems to be a pretty good machine for tuning. I was a bit dissapointed too, I could only lean out to around 11.2 before I started to audibly detonate. At an 11.5 AFR my car was pinging bad. Could be the piss water we use for gas, or my obd2 ecu, maybe just a bad tank of gas, not really sure. I've got colder plugs gapped down, and the standard BPU mods.

· Registered
58 Posts
I have an AVC-r, and it is only connected to the wastegate, not both turbo's. I have heard of some places connecting it to the wrong turbo VSV I believe causing boost to be sporadic and hard to hold. My plugs likely picked me up around 10-15rwhp, if not more, I trapped 4mph faster on the plugs changed alone.

Will

· Registered
58 Posts
Henry is one of the best supra tuners in northern california. He has guys from the bay area and even farther bring cars to him to work on. I've probably seen 5+ single turbo conversion supra's being installed and tuned in the few months I've been visiting his shop. While I was there on tuesday he had an N/A supra on the lift getting turboed, so he knows what's going on. The first time I went to get dyno tuned henry said my car needed plugs, and he was right, I got 3-4mph from plugs alone. Upon taking the car back in, he tuned it perfectly, he knew that most BPU's like it at 11.5 and starting leaning my car out to that point, when I began to detonate around 11.3 afr he pulled it back down in the 11.1-11.2 range and the car put out it's best power. Henry knows what is going on, but remember, he is trying to sell you more stuff, their special spark plugs etc... so you can always fix the things yourself if he says they're wrong, that's what I did, and I took it back to get tuned. He's never fibbed about a problem on my car, when he says something needs to be fixed he's right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.