Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are very pleased to offer this high quality intake manifold, that we run on our race car. One of the nicest features is that it is available in a single fuel rail, dual injector configuration if desired (which is what we have). This would allow you high horsepower guys the ability to run a relatively small primary injector (say 800cc for example) for nice driveability, startup, economy and then have a set of 1000cc or larger secondaries to meet your fuel demands at peak power. The best of both worlds!

The Supra Intake Manifold is CNC machined from billet T6061 aluminum stock and the throttle body adapter flange is designed to accept the 90mm 86-93 Mustang t/body. Unlike other aftermarket manifolds, ours comes with a dash 10 fuel rail setup for aftermarket bosch style injectors. Provisions for the Idle Air Controller as well as three 1/8" NPT vacuum holes and one 1/4"NPT are tapped into the plenum side. Two fuel rail clamps, two fuel rail fittings, one dash 6 fuel rail return plug and stainless steel fuel rail mounting hardware are provided. Single or dual injector configurations available, please specify when ordering!

$1900.00 for single injector configuration
$2100.00 for dual injector configuration (2 injectors per cylinder, single fuel rail)

Our Race car with dual injector setup. This photo also shows the additional dual injector assemblies we have available, designed for weld-on mounting to an intercooler pipe.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
This looks like a totally new design over the previous one they offered. What are the reasons/advantages the new design have over the previous design ?

Thx,

Danny

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
How is tuning with the dual injector setup?

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This looks like a totally new design over the previous one they offered. What are the reasons/advantages the new design have over the previous design ?

Thx,

Danny
They have made some revisions which appear to me to be related to just a cleaner install, along with more streamlined manufacture of the manifold. I really actually like what they have done with how the runners meet the plenum even compared to the one we have, which I still think is a beautiful piece. There is also more room back near the brake booster area with this new design, while not affecting the flow numbers at all.

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is tuning with the dual injector setup?
Tuning the staged injection is absolutely seamless with a good standalone (MoTeC, AEM, etc). Done right, you do not feel anything as the secondaries come online, nor can you see it in the air/fuel curve on a dyno run. It is all in the tuning! :)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
John, can you provide intercooler piping to match up to a greddy four row as well??

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John, can you provide intercooler piping to match up to a greddy four row as well??
I could probably make that happen actually. I would just need someone willing to let me mock one up when they order one, and I could have ETS jig it up for me to build them in the future. Our race car features the early manifold design, and the rest of the car is so modified it is a poor choice to mock anything up on for the general public.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I might be willing to volunteer, assuming i could get it chromed as well:wavey: I'll call ya in the next few days and we can discuss it

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
How much more would it be with a 90MM TB on the single injector config?

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much more would it be with a 90MM TB on the single injector config?
Well it is flanged for that throttle body, so you would simply add the cost of the throttle body of choice (Accufab, Wilson, etc) to the order. The most common Accufab unit is around $280.00.

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
will RC 1200cc injectors fit the RMR fuel rail?
Any Bosch style setup will fit, and the last set of RC 1200cc I used in a Supra were indeed that style, though there may be other configurations available in 1200cc that I am not aware of. The Bosch style is by far the most common, and that is what most of the fuel rail kits available for the Supra use (Titan, etc).

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
John would that intake work for my setup just thinking out loud.
It would work great for your setup! I wasn't sure if we wanted to venture into that price range on your car for an intake, but at least with the Ross you would not have to re-locate the battery (and related cost/labor to do that). Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss it more. :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I just got one in the mail today, we have been ordering fab parts from RMR for a long time now, good to see they now offer such nice finished products.

The CNC'd Billet head flange is one of the nicest features IMO.

Also for those of you that don't like the RMR machined into the rail, you can just flip it over and its blank on the back.

I'm polishing mine right now, I'll post some pics when I'm done.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It would work great for your setup! I wasn't sure if we wanted to venture into that price range on your car for an intake, but at least with the Ross you would not have to re-locate the battery (and related cost/labor to do that). Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss it more. :)
john what do you mean price range? i thought dj didn't have a price range:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts