Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of buying these and i know i saw 1 supra on here with a set, however i wanted some other opinions also i love these wheels. anyway let me know.

COSMIC BLUE

Rota P45f/r Staggered setup
245/40/18 front
305/35/18 rear
toyo ra1s.

Rota P45f 18 x 8.5 5x114.3 offset 25
Rota P45r 18 x 9.5 5x114.3 offset 30

TIME ATTACK

18x9.5 Rota P45R +20 all around Flat black w/ Red Lip
Toyo T1R 275 front, 295 rear
Eibach Pro Kit Springs

My 94 Supra is black so i am leaning more toward the cosmic blues but let me know what you think......................and thanks for you comments ahead of time.

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
rota = hunda?

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
The concave spokes in the back look much better, cant you get a similar offset in the front so it looks similar. I like the wheels and I guess you cant beat their price.

·
Banned
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The concave spokes in the back look much better, cant you get a similar offset in the front so it looks similar. I like the wheels and I guess you cant beat their price.
im checking on that currently. from my understanding there are 2 types of P45 one that concaves and one that does not so im aiming at a simliar setup like the supra i posted on with Cosmic Blue. I wont lie i started to get some other wheel like ccw classics or what not but i hate looking at another ride and it looks just like mine "i.e. RMM lip and CCW classics" but i think this will do me fine for now:love:

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
rota = hunda?
:lol:

a) Cheap wheels.

b) Too narrow for a MKIV, especially for the size tire you want to run.

c) Awesome Supras always deserve awesome wheels. Save your pennies for a nicer set. Volk/Rays is a good place to start. Excellent wheels at a fair price.

·
3,466 Posts
you're going to suffer from some serious understeer with a 245 up front. And a 305 on a 9.5" rim won't be pretty!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Volk knockoffs. I don't know how I'd feel on knockoffs wheels. But then again styles are so similar these days anyways. Some swear by Rota being just as good as others, while others bash on Rota like its the spawn of satan. That being said, I like the time attacks better.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I usually think a rota wheel is for hondas, but the P45 is the only one that I actually is nice for a rear drive car. Saw em on a Z32 once and I fell in love!

·
Blue Thunder
3,595 Posts
Gotta go with the concave style all around !!!

·
Start of a new term
3,607 Posts
Save your money and get a set of IForged, CCW, or something along those lines. Nice cars deserve nice wheels.

·
Banned
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
first let me say thanks for all the comments. However let me say this i had a set of Ccw 505a's "that i just recently sold" so dont get me wrong i know the difference in wheels, however for what im looking for tire wise and look wise i think these wheels are perfect. Sure there rota's however i have had a couple sets before and never had issues out of them. Also there are alot of cars that run Rota's not just honda's. My whole thing is i like the look and there original not a copy of every other supra ive seen so far " CCW classics RMM lip + wing" sorry i am not one to have my car look like a million others. However im gonna purchase me a set and ill post pics once they get here thanks again for all the comments and if anyone is running a set let me knwo id like to see pics.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Gotta go with the concave style all around !!!
This is very difficult on a MKIV. Big brake calipers + high offsets required = Can't do "concave" in the front.

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
time attack wheels look great, I would have someone photoshop them into your car and see how you like them .. I bet they will look gorgeous if you like the race appeal

·
Banned
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
time attack wheels look great, I would have someone photoshop them into your car and see how you like them .. I bet they will look gorgeous if you like the race appeal
i think im gonna go with the flat black look "just like time attack but without the red stripe" and i can pull off the concave look because my supra is running NA brakes "well atleast i think so :1poke: ". anyway im glad there are some folks more open to different types of wheels.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts