Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in one of the threads but I figured it would get noticed if I started a new thread for it.

I would love to get the Rotora kit for both front and rear. Does anyone know if they will clear my wheels? I have the CCW 505a's in 19x10.5 and 19x11.
Thanks! I am a buyer if so because Steve just rants and raves about these...... plus I can put my supra F/R brake kit on my GS400.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it doesnt even say on the website what the offsets are.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They didnt give me offsets but they did say this:

The wheels have 7.2" backspacing on the front and 8.2 on the rear.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I'm almost positive that if you know the backspacing, you can figure out the offset if you still need to know that. Isn't the backspacing the distance from the hub mounting face on back of the wheel to the back edge of the wheel? The offset is from the mounting face to the centerline of the wheel. So I'd say if you substract half the wheel width from the backspacing, you get the offset, keep inches and millimeters straight while you're at it.

Having said all that, I still don't think knowing the offset or backspacing tells you if the wheel will clear a brake rotor. Picture a wheel where the spokes or mesh pattern turn sharply as soon as it leaves the hub area; now picture the same wheel with spokes that stay verticle till nearly the lip. Both could have the same offset, but the first can't fit a big rotor but the second will.

I'm sure if you just ask CCW if they will clear a rotor of a certain diameter and also the caliper attached to it, they'd tell you yes or no.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nick 95 6sp said:
I'm almost positive that if you know the backspacing, you can figure out the offset if you still need to know that. Isn't the backspacing the distance from the hub mounting face on back of the wheel to the back edge of the wheel? The offset is from the mounting face to the centerline of the wheel. So I'd say if you substract half the wheel width from the backspacing, you get the offset, keep inches and millimeters straight while you're at it.

Having said all that, I still don't think knowing the offset or backspacing tells you if the wheel will clear a brake rotor. Picture a wheel where the spokes or mesh pattern turn sharply as soon as it leaves the hub area; now picture the same wheel with spokes that stay verticle till nearly the lip. Both could have the same offset, but the first can't fit a big rotor but the second will.

I'm sure if you just ask CCW if they will clear a rotor of a certain diameter and also the caliper attached to it, they'd tell you yes or no.
Yeah I gave them the info, I will see what they say.

BTW does anyone know where I can get the template for the Rotora's that you attach to the back of the wheel to see if they will clear?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
quick said:
Wouldn't that have to be a 3-dimensional "template"?
Not really. Picture ...damn I'm picturing a lot these days... a flat stiff piece of paper where one edge lays against the wheel mounting surface of your axle hub and the shape of the paper coincides with the outline of the caliper and rotor. Depending on how you made that template, you might have to trace the mirror image of it and hold it on the inside hub mounting surface of the wheel and see if the paper touches the wheel or how much clearance you have. Get the picture? ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I seen a Rotora template on one of the sites. I wonder if we can get them from Rotora? ANybody know their site?

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Send me an e-mail [email protected] and I will send you a fitment template.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
138 Posts
We haven't fitted to a Rotora kit yet (they seem to be relatively underground in the community right now) but we do clear Stoptech supra kits.

·
Banned
911 Posts
I have the Rotora 6 piston front and 4 piston rear set up with 14.2" rotors all the way aroundon my G35. I LOVE THEM! If, you need a pricing on them let me know. I am sponsored by them. If your wheels will clear the STOPTECH's they should clear the Rotoras.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts