Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i' am currently in the process of rebuilding my 7MGTE and it's idle'n like a son of a bitch. When you turn the car on, it will stay at 1k for 5 - 6 seconds, drop down to 500 and drop up and down between 300 and 500... The car will then give it a little gas to self fix, and goes back up to 1k, and just repeates the above step. Occasionally it will manage to just stick up at 1k rpm and not drop... I ran the code I keep getting, and it's 51... which I understand has to do with the TPS.... I was wondering, well 1st off.... after testing and seeing if it is the tps, how should I go about trying to fix it? Is it even fixable, or is a new one in store? Any help on this would be great...

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
I had the same problem, my friend had the same problem, get a new one. Fixed both of our problems on the spot.,

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
it *could* just be out of adjustment. try to adjust it first, and if that doesn't work, get a new one.

-shaeff

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A good surprise today... We ripped apart the top end of the engine to change the valve cover gaskets which is always a fun task, and although the car still leaks oil, we managed to get it idle'n nicely.... So I suppose that's a step in the rebuild process.... We still get code 51, so there has to be a problem some where, just not sure yet..

·
Registered
101 Posts
geze code 51 i have same problems,first start up its at 2000rpm,when warm fluctuates from 700 rpm to 1500 rpm,but my tps was swapped with used part,still same problems,well toyota can fix it,you just lose an arm and leg..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts