Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed my afc and attempter the e-ttc. I stopped midway through my e-ttc and just wired them back to normal just because i wanted to. Now my idle is very rough. It sounds and feels like it is almost missing. I can rev it up and hold it at a certain rpm and it still sputters while up top. I dont know what it is and what the heck happened but it is pissing me off. Any input would be great

Mike

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
What are your plugs gapped at?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are gapped at /032 i believe. I just replaced them recently. I checkd wiring fifty times, i reset ecu, i checkdd the afc settings, i made sure everything was plugged in, and i have no clue whats going on.
Mike

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ugh! I need help!!

Sounds like its missing, its got a popping sound to it and the air/fuel gauge isnt working properly either. Anything!!!?? I need to get this running right!

Mike

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I unplugged the afc and it idles and everything fine now wtf? Any ideas of what could have gone wrong?

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
If you unplugged the AFC and its fine either one or more of your settings on the AFC is off or your wiring got screwed up.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I figured but i keep looking over that and they seemed fine. The thing i was worried about was the settings. It is on hot-wire in-12out-12in-1out-1. I guess this weekend i quadruple check everything. I need a freaking fields harness.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vampire? not familiar with the term. I sued the ones that you stick the two wire in and squish down the middle "blade" and then clip the cover over that.

Mike

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
LOL...thats a vampire tap. You splice into the existing wire without fully cutting it. Make sure those are crimped well. Alot of times people get taps that are too big for the wires. The blade doesnt fully cut throught the insulation so you get a bad connection.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, sorry about my wire retardness lol.

I will check that over this weekend when im in town. Thanks again

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts