Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday night I came back from driving around a bit and noticed the exhaust making a put put put sound. The car was idling correctly but shaking like hell. When the car is driving though, the car runs fine. The whole piping to the exhaust was just worked on so I am sure that there are no leaks and I checked the fluids and they were ok. Timing is good and no engine codes are present. TPS has been adjusted as well. I have new NGK spark plug wires, new coil, and plugs only a couple of months old.

I am not sure if a misty night could have done anything to disrupt the car in any way, but I was wondering if anyone had any possible solutions to this problem.

The car is a 1986.5 supra n/a and the only thing aftermarket in the engine bay is a Hks intake. Thanks!

G

·
It's an epidemic! My car, and now two others, have just started doing this recently. From what people have been telling me to check, you've done a pretty good job so far. Check on your intake (as in possible leaks) but you have a N/A so I don't know if that would affect it much. Also check to see if your injectors are ok. It could be a bad seal with those. Good luck bro, hope this helps.

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
My car did that on a fresh rebuild one time, just about lost my hair to that thing! Turns out number five injector was clogged beyond recognition, so check that out.

Kruso

1 - 6 of 6 Posts