Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do Supra Owners think about Royal Purple motor oil? AND
What is the best oil for the MKIV Turbo Supra?
If anyone wants to give there opinion give it here, because I am having trouble trying to decide.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
jeff watson uses it and stand behind it

i know of many people who use it but in motorcycles and love it

as for me well im going to use redline or mobil1
since i can find it more easy!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I prefer mobil 1 for the Supra, I wouldn't dare test royal purple in a Supra. I used to race shifter karts and I picked them up as a sponsor! The first week I used there oil I stuck a piston doing 80 mph. going into a turn. The next week I called them and they said that I must have ran lean because It was NOT the oil! So I ran it again, same thing on the about the fourth lap. This continued for about 6 weeks untill I dropped them. JUST MY STORY!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
????

Ranger who exactly is Jeff Watson, what do you use in your Supra, I used to run Mobil 1 10w-30 but I hear that it breaks down to fast,I have a brand new Toyota shortblock with about 6K,I hear that Regualr oil you get better oil pressure,should I go back to Reg. And if yes what do I use?? Should I not have put Mobil 1 into my car this early, I heard good things about Royal Purple so I got that,and now Run SYnthetic. A buddy saw a demo from Royal Purple, they did some test with oils and put Royal Purple in a locked up motor and it unlocked?? Ranger where do I get Red Line and what kind is the best to use(Redline Best)? If anyone thinks there is something better tell me your Opinion I need to Change my oil today so I would like to find out soon.
thanks
Jordan

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont trust oil that is same color (still purple) after 3000 miles. I want my oil to work hard and get darker in color when drained. Mobil1 synthetic, any weight.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
I used to run Mobil 1 10w-30 but I hear that it breaks down to fast

As far as I know, motor oils don't break down, they just get contaminated. If you see contamination more quickly it suggests you're either not filtering it well, or you've got a contimination source. Change it more frequently, or filter it better.

Mobil 1 all the way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts