Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying some RPM R505 rims in 19s They come with 2 19X8.5 and 19X9.5 with tires mounted and balanced with lugs and locks for about 1600 dollars. Is anyone running rpm wheels and if so is the rim made good or are they junk any help will be great. here is a picture of the rims i want to get

·
Registered
500 Posts
100% knock-off junk

I think you're better off with some simple volks. They don't even cost that much...

At the ripe age of 10+ years, the Supra name is still one to be shouted with today's fastest cars, but once spotted with shitty ass rims like RPM, HP, and RUFF (just to name a few) it just totally kills the image of this Japanese super car.

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i would go with volk but they are 2000 plus and thats for just rims no tires, i would love to go with something like that but money is a problem. I was going to get some ruff wheels but i like this style better. I saw a few people on here with ruff wheels and they said that they are great and one of the best deals for the money. A name brand not that important to me i just want something that looks good with good quality. I dont think people will dislike a supra just from the name on the wheels, a supra is a supra no matter what your rolling on.

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
I think I have a friend with those exact rims with tires for sale right now. They should have less than 1000 miles with a black center. I think he wants something around $800. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i looked at grams and the volk wheels and i dont like that racing spoke look. Those are wheels that look like they belong on a race car. Any other suggestions besides ccw, volk, gram lights, or hre. I am not tring to be super cheap i have a budget of about 1500-1600 dollars and am looking for 18 or 19 inch rims.

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are almost the same as adr i just like these better because it had a polished lip instead of a machined.

·
teh DJ
413 Posts
like they say, "you get what you pay for"....but if you don't mind "used" wheels, then try searching on ebay or the FS section...you might be able to find a good set for cheap....

anyway, get whatever you're willing to afford man....it's your money and no one should give you a fit about it...just other alternatives... :)

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
are ADR wheels any good are they the same quility of the RPM? I talked to a kid that had a set or ADR on his RX7 and he said the rims are great.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I totally disagree. I had a set of HP Evo Lightening rims on my Lexus GS400. They were reasonably priced, and quality was very good. And they were tough too. I hit potholes that would have dented more expensive wheels. These were TOUGH wheels and I had 40,000 miles on them when I sold the car. I was very pleased with them and had many many positive comments about the look. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
rpm tws are all chinese wheels. i have the rpm wheels on my car they are decent, went through couple pot holes with no problems at all. they look a lot better than the adr m classic. the lip is 3.5 in the rear with a nice polish, and the black paint does not fade or chip easy. i loved those wheels.

they are 18 x 8.5 and 18 x 9.5 I forgot the offset on these. they will not clear the tt brake. im trying to buy a set of gold edition le37 volks thou.

if you dont have money for nice wheels they are the best wheels besides your stockers!!!!

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
does anyone know the offset that i will need to clear the tt brakes. i tried the sticky but it will not work for me. I will most likely be running 19X8.5 and 19X9.5. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dude,

I have those same wheels in chrome. They're 19". Sorry, I'm not sure the offsets but they do clear the TT front brake calipers. Also, I have never had someone tell me that they didn't love the look of the rims. Everyone always says that they're real tight.

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cs smooth said:
Dude,

I have those same wheels in chrome. They're 19". Sorry, I'm not sure the offsets but they do clear the TT front brake calipers. Also, I have never had someone tell me that they didn't love the look of the rims. Everyone always says that they're real tight.
You said they clear the front but what about the rear? Where did you get yours at? do you have any pictures of your car you can post

1 - 20 of 26 Posts