Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RPS Tripple Carbon Clutch. What's the latest? Look inside...

I've read the threads on carnage including the following:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513699&highlight=RPS+tripple
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496111&highlight=RPS+tripple

The important part is I have not seen anything on the new tripple design. I have mine on order and feel like I should call today and cancel it.

I street drive my car and sold a Tilton tripple because of premature street wear. I am looking for a clutch that can go to the strip and pull 9 second passes as well as take it to the highway. I would consider the OS Giken quad, but no one has used it on the strip yet.

My question is:
Does anyone have real world experience with the new billet RPS tripple design?

Cheers!

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
I do.

Mine is doing exactly what you are after.

My only real complaint is the quick release. Not a on off switch, but definately takes some getting used to.... OR maybe it's the fact I usually drive a Evo9 and Dodge cummins (both manuals) and they are WAAAAY different then a race clutch :)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do.

Mine is doing exactly what you are after.

My only real complaint is the quick release. Not a on off switch, but definately takes some getting used to.... OR maybe it's the fact I usually drive a Evo9 and Dodge cummins (both manuals) and they are WAAAAY different then a race clutch :)
I've read about your setup in other threads. Have you turned up the boost and beat on it yet?

Thank you for responding... let's try to keep this specific to the C/C/C RPS tripple carbon only, as yours is.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
I've thrown alittle over 1000 rwhp at it, but never had a slick under it. Lots of spin on the old DR's. I've been using it for almost a yr now. Mostly rolls and in city driving. 1 day at the track with 3 launches. Still acts the same as when I got it.

·
Banned
725 Posts
I had installed the new version on a street car (700hp), owner loves it, I drove it and I love it, this might be my next clucth if my OS gikken triple decides to give upon me, which I doubt it will.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
good to hear from people on the board. I know 3 others using it without probs and one is around the 970rwhp mark, one in the 800's and the othe in the mid 700's. Im getting a great deal on mine so im going to get the shop to order it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts