Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI
I have my supra 89 turbo for about 2 weeks and there is some weird things are going on
When i pressing the gas lets say 2000rpm's and holding the pedal
rpm's going up and down up and down, looks like a limit for something, if i press lil bit harder lets say 3000rpm's is doing the same thing, going up to 3000 then down up and down .
Even 5000 same things happening up to 5000 then down
Any ideas? or this is the way supra made?

G

·
You mean in neutral? Hmm....check for consistent ignition and fuel, I think. Wonder if your plugs are ok, gapped right, etc., check your wires for interference or damage. Might have a fuel pressure regulation problem, causing these fluctuations.

Basically, you got air, fuel, and ignition to concern yourself with here. I just assumed that these fluctuations aren't with air.

Now if it fluctuates at idle, that might be air, I think.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In neutral: if i hold the gas pedal at the same point it reaches RPMs then dropes down , and then again reaches and drops. basicaly rpms cant stay at the same point higer then 2000rpms.

When I am driving: if i hold the gas pedal the same way , my rpm's rise up depending on how much i pressed the pedal, and then it feels like i am not pressing the gas pedal and the rpms start droping slowly and then up again

·
Registered
972 Posts
the ISC is next to(in front) of the throttle body.. (looking from the front f the car)

and slowyoda89 i want next dibs on th ISC if he doesn't want it..
I got spare from a friends parts car and would like to replace the one i took from him.

·
Registered
353 Posts
will the ISC make the car run rough at idle to

1 - 8 of 8 Posts