Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped in a 7mgte into my NA a few months ago, and now its developed a rev problem. When I rev the engine up and hold it steady without being in gear the engine will rev to where I want it to, stay at that rpm for a second then drop down to 1000 rpm, then back up. The rpms keep fluctuating up and down. The idle seems to be ok. The fluctuation just happens when I rev the engine and try to hold it steady. Any ideas?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll give that a shot. I'm welcoming all suggestions

·
can't spell shazam w/o it
315 Posts
That happened to me, on my N/A. So no CPS. RPM's would rise from 800 to about 2,000, then drop back down. Turned out the ISC (Idle Speed Control) was shot. Sourced a used one on these forums, dropped it in, and the car idled perfect.

X

·
0 Posts
I just got ma car fixed from having that rev problem, is the check engine light on at all when that happens? Mine did that at idle though too, would move around, it turned out to be ma TPS(throttle postition senser)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kool, thanx a lot guys! I'll be checking and adjusting both the tps and the ics in the morning.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: it was the TPS. I adjusted it according to the TSRM. You guys rock! Thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts