Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tryed the RPS sport pressure plate with sprung hub disc SS-22170-SP with the RPS billet flywheel BF-22170? I was wondering what kind of results people are getting with this clutch. My stock clutch actually lived quite long for me, I think it was a freak one but I didn't want to go with anything to radically different than stock. This has a 10% higher spring constant on the plate but that would still be a light pedal IMO. I realize the lighter flywheel will make some noise but I already have a 1000 rpm idle. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
just keep the stock disk and get the RPS blue PP.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
463supra said:
just keep the stock disk and get the RPS blue PP.
Have you tried that combo before? I'd rather go with the just sport pressure plate (black?) from RPS which is only 10% stiffer.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
check your pm :)

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
That is the exact setup I have in my car. I like it so far. Its said to hold close to 550hp so power isnt an issue. The pedal feel is much stiffer than stock in my opinion, and it engages in about an inch. It took a few miles to get a good feel and then now it feels normal. Its a good clutch setup and the flywheel really doesnt chatter all that bad.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yellow93tt said:
That is the exact setup I have in my car. I like it so far. Its said to hold close to 550hp so power isnt an issue. The pedal feel is much stiffer than stock in my opinion, and it engages in about an inch. It took a few miles to get a good feel and then now it feels normal. Its a good clutch setup and the flywheel really doesnt chatter all that bad.
You have the blue pp or the black (sport) pp? The sport is supposedly only 10% stiffer than stock. Sounds as though you have the blue (max) which is 38% stiffer?

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
No, i have the ss. Atleast thats what I payed for from SP, and thats what all my receipts say. So to my knowledge, I have the sports series.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Rviscosi said:
You have the blue pp or the black (sport) pp? The sport is supposedly only 10% stiffer than stock. Sounds as though you have the blue (max) which is 38% stiffer?

I have the RPS sport (I think its considered stage 1) and its black. It definitely feels quiter stiffer than stock, and holds bpu power. No chatter and very easy take-offs (although I am running it with the stock flywheel)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys everyone. Does anyone have any experience with both sport and max pressure plates to make any comparisons? Or even the Southbend pressure plate. It would be interesting to here any comparisons on stiffness of that one vs. the RPS pp's.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
honda_s2001 said:
I have the RPS sport (I think its considered stage 1) and its black. It definitely feels quiter stiffer than stock, and holds bpu power. No chatter and very easy take-offs (although I am running it with the stock flywheel)
Are you using the 6 pad disc and if so does it engage like a switch or is it similar to stock disc in how far the clutch moves between when it just starts to engage and when fully engaged?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
its definately not remotly close to stock, but its not quite a switch either, it takes getting used :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replys, any more comments? Any one using the Southbend clutch?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Rviscosi said:
Have you tried that combo before? I'd rather go with the just sport pressure plate (black?) from RPS which is only 10% stiffer.
Yes, I am on my second one. Stock flywheel, RPS blue PP, stock disk. I tried an unsprung 6 puck disk and HATED it. It sounded like ASS.....It is stiffer than stock but I like that myself and I drive mine every day.

Jeff

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have the RPS segmented FW and blue pressure plate and 6 spuck that came with the kit *PLUG-IN* from mvpmotorsports. It took the first week to get to it. It chatters a little but i do not mind it at all. It revs quick and holds power all day long. I have about 3,000 miles on it so far. Have not had a chance to go to the track with it, it keeps raining every friday night. It has kind of an on/off feel but there is a thin line that you will have to learn for a little slippage. But with that its an awsome clutch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts