Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Craig Dunaway,

About a week and a half ago I placed an order through MVP for a RPS C/C and was told it would be at my house in no more than 2 weeks, and that i would recieve an e-mail for a tracker number for the shipping number. It had been a week and a half and still had not recieved an e-mail so i called MVP to make sure the order went through and what was up...... When i called i was never told anyones name so i couldn't say "well this person told me this" and let ya know who screwed up. But when i called back they asked me my last name to check on the order. They said that my order had been recieved but it would be at least another 2 to 3 weeks before i got the clutch. Now that would be bad enough but on top of all that they have already charged my credit card for the full amount and have not shipped it yet? And this is all after you claim on your website to always have at least 1 in stock on your shelves? I would understand and not complain at all if i was told in the first place that it would take over a month to get my clutch. But then again i would have paid a little more at another store and gotten it sooner! Now my credit card is already charged and i can't take back the order so i'm screwed into waiting a month for a clutch i was told i would have in less than two weeks......... Please inform your employees/co-workers how long it will take to get stuff in...... this is very irritating i am on a schedual just like everyone else and want to be told the truth to begin with..... This is the first time placing an order through MVP and I really am let down. I thought it was a law that you couldn't charge me for the item until it was shipped, however i could be wrong. I know you have a lot of credit on this forum and thats why i went to MVP, however i would like some kind of explanation...

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
I wouldn't worrry too much.
If Dusty can't get it , more than likely nobody else can either. It's probably what the supplier told them in this case RPS. Having one on the shelf would be wrong considering the tight supply at this point. Who would you sell the one in supply too? Just hang on to it to say..... ones on the shelf?

They probably do have one 99% of the time.

As for MVP trust me.... he will come through. :)

·
Boost Junkie
12,693 Posts
It probably would have been best to call Dusty and speak to him before posting on here.

Steve

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Hi Craig,

I do not know who you spoke with here so I can not begin to explain to you why you have been told what you say you have been told.

We generally do have at least one on the shelf, and I believe we are the only company that can begin to say that. However I currently have 7 of these on backorder with RPS.

Rob Smith, owner of RPS, has been virtually out of office for the last month. He was gone for 3 weeks to tend to a sick and very close family member which I will not discuss further as that is his private matter. Then RPS was closed because one of their employees passed away in an auto accident the day after Rob got back. Because of these unforseen and unfortunate events, RPS is way behind on building C/C clutches right now.

No one here at MVP other than myself is aware of all this as this information was told to me on a private basis. I am sharing it with you now via the permission of RPS. Hopefully you can understand this events and how it is that we currently do not have a C/C on the shelf. I have yours and 4 others being worked on right now and will have 2 extra on the shelf soon.

Please accept my apology on behalf of both MVP and RPS for your delay, and for any incorrect information you have received. This is not how we typically operate, but these are not typical circumstances either. No one here lied to you, they gave you the best information available to them at the time. We always tell the truth based on what we know. Sometimes the information is inaccurate or a manufacturer lets us down. I recently waited 6 months (no exaggeration) for a 42" box fan for our warehouse that I was told I would have in 2 weeks from Northern Tool, the largest company of its kind in the USA. I had prepaid for it via check on July 5th of last year, and we received it right after Christmas...like we needed a big fan in January. After waiting 6 months they gave me a $25 gift card. It happens to everyone from time to time.

It is not illegal to charge your credit card before we ship. Based on Federal law, we have 30 days to provide shipping information after we charge your credit card, and longer than 30 days if it is pre-arranged and agreed to by the customer, i.e. if you special order something that takes 2-3 months to arrive from Japan. We do not break Federal consumer laws in our day-to-day activity of providing car parts.

I do agree with Steve, if you have some issue with MVP why not email or call and talk to me? I feel the only reason to post it publicly on something you have not even spoken to me about is to attempt to make us look bad. If you have a problem I am always here to help work things out.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let me know and I will address them accordingly.

Kind regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
TTSpoolin said:
Hi my name is Craig Dunaway,

About a week and a half ago I placed an order through MVP for a RPS C/C and was told it would be at my house in no more than 2 weeks, and that i would recieve an e-mail for a tracker number for the shipping number. It had been a week and a half and still had not recieved an e-mail so i called MVP to make sure the order went through and what was up...... When i called i was never told anyones name so i couldn't say "well this person told me this" and let ya know who screwed up. But when i called back they asked me my last name to check on the order. They said that my order had been recieved but it would be at least another 2 to 3 weeks before i got the clutch. Now that would be bad enough but on top of all that they have already charged my credit card for the full amount and have not shipped it yet? And this is all after you claim on your website to always have at least 1 in stock on your shelves? I would understand and not complain at all if i was told in the first place that it would take over a month to get my clutch. But then again i would have paid a little more at another store and gotten it sooner! Now my credit card is already charged and i can't take back the order so i'm screwed into waiting a month for a clutch i was told i would have in less than two weeks......... Please inform your employees/co-workers how long it will take to get stuff in...... this is very irritating i am on a schedual just like everyone else and want to be told the truth to begin with..... This is the first time placing an order through MVP and I really am let down. I thought it was a law that you couldn't charge me for the item until it was shipped, however i could be wrong. I know you have a lot of credit on this forum and thats why i went to MVP, however i would like some kind of explanation...

Craig,

I was the one who took your order. You placed your order on 5/22/06 which is a little less than 2 weeks ago not counting Memorial day. When you placed your order I was speaking with RPS via instant messenger and they quoted me 3 weeks which is what I recall quoting you. I don't recall ever saying it would be there in no more than 2 weeks and if I did, then I was incorrect. But I always repeat what I am told and I was told 3 weeks and have the AIM log to prove it.

Dusty has already explained the reason of the delay in your order so I will not elaborate further on it as he has already covered all the points of your concern.

Accept my personal apology for whatever inconvenience this has caused you on my behalf and the behalf of RPS, but I just go by what RPS tells me on ETA times. I do not make up ETA times or change them in anyway from what I am told.

If there are any further questions or concerns that need to be discussed you can reach me or Dusty at 940-683-8282.

As our website quotes we always have one in stock, this is true almost all of the time. But I made sure you were aware that this item was not in stock and to anybody else that inquired or ordered an RPS carbon/carbon clutch from me in the last few weeks.

Hope you can understand and accept my apology.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i must say i am very happy that you responded so quickly...... I am sorry for not calling you personally or pming you i am not trying to make you look bad. That would be very hard to do on this forum haha you have alot of people that say you're the best, thats why i ordered from you in the first place. I do understand the circumstances that come up. I am very careful when it comes to the car scene though, I had an integra that took about 9 months to get the engine built after the shop said it would take 2 weeks.... just bad experiences in the past.... Again sorry for posting this in a public forum i wasn't really thinking other than i thought it was the fastest way to get a response, since i've never dealt with you personally or ever even spoke to you.... I was almost certain that i was told it would be here in 2 weeks but perhaps that was a communication error. I look forward to recieving the clutch asap.... thanks for you're quick response...

-Craig

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear about your Integra. Generally speaking this industry is very lazy. A lot of times we are limited to what we can get from the manufacturers, and they often misquote us time-frames. However RPS is one of the "good guys" and work very hard to make everyone happy. That is just one of the reasons we push their products, among the fact we find them simply to be the best clutches and flywheels on the market.

No apology necessary. Just remember if you ever have an issue or need extra assistance I am a simply phone call or email away. I generally respond to emails very quickly, but you can always get me on the phone if its urgent.

You're going to LOVE the clutch, its the best. I've had one for over 3 years now. It is "the" way to go and I congratulate you on your decision to step up and get the Carbon Carbon - you won't be disappointed.

Have a good weekend,

Dusty

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,491 Posts
V8 Killer said:
No apology necessary. Just remember if you ever have an issue or need extra assistance I am a simply phone call or email away. I generally respond to emails very quickly, but you can always get me on the phone if its urgent.

You're going to LOVE the clutch, its the best. I've had one for over 3 years now. It is "the" way to go and I congratulate you on your decision to step up and get the Carbon Carbon - you won't be disappointed.

Have a good weekend,

Dusty

This is true, Dusty is always available, or will email you if he isn't. Oh and BTW I have a RPS C/C in my supra. I don't recommend any other clutch if your making big power and want some slip so its not so on/off. Worth the wait!

-Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
REG-UL8 said:
This is true, Dusty is always available, or will email you if he isn't. Oh and BTW I have a RPS C/C in my supra. I don't recommend any other clutch if your making big power and want some slip so its not so on/off. Worth the wait!

-Mark

Hi, my first post ever was useless and got changed to this equally useless post.

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
it really bothers me when people say on your website its said it was in stock. you have to understand sometimes we run out of parts, or the vendor cant make parts fast enough for the demand, if you need a part by a certain deadline, you should make that clear before you order, so shops can take appropiate actions to see if it can be done. sometimes it can, sometimes it cant.

sorry if this is a old thread, or answering mvp's thread when i work at titan...lol but we are all family.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it is an old thread but i did ask when i ordered it when it would be here.... apparently things that RPS was telling MVP weren't correct... I was told i would have the clutch in 2 weeks, then 2 weeks later i was told i would have the clutch in 3 weeks, now i'm told i will have the clutch whenever they get to it, (hopefully the end of the month). MVP has been very good at getting back to me on e-mails but i have had to contact them first. I understand RPS told them the wrong thing twice and thats why i have been told the wrong thing twice its still kind of irritating, (again i'm not blaming MVP i understand RPS told them something that was incorrect), however i did order it from MVP so i feel i need to call them to complain if something goes wrong. Everyone i've communicated with from MVP has been very nice and tried to help me the best they can, i just need my clutch and theres not alot anyone can do about it thats why i am annoyed.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
TTSpoolin said:
it is an old thread but i did ask when i ordered it when it would be here.... apparently things that RPS was telling MVP weren't correct... I was told i would have the clutch in 2 weeks, then 2 weeks later i was told i would have the clutch in 3 weeks, now i'm told i will have the clutch whenever they get to it, (hopefully the end of the month). MVP has been very good at getting back to me on e-mails but i have had to contact them first. I understand RPS told them the wrong thing twice and thats why i have been told the wrong thing twice its still kind of irritating, (again i'm not blaming MVP i understand RPS told them something that was incorrect), however i did order it from MVP so i feel i need to call them to complain if something goes wrong. Everyone i've communicated with from MVP has been very nice and tried to help me the best they can, i just need my clutch and theres not alot anyone can do about it thats why i am annoyed.
I have not spoken with you since you placed the order, please contact me and I'll get it taken care of. As of now RPS has promised the clutch will ship by the end of this week. I am available by email or phone number, I'm not sure who you've been speaking with up here, but we will all put 100% effort into getting you an answer and your clutch as soon as we can.

Regards,

Kevin

940-683-8282

[email protected]

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hey Craig,
I know this doesn't help your frustation but for peace of mind, I have ordered many parts from Dusty and service has always been great. I had to wait over 6 months for my TRD Wheel and the chrome gauge bezels. But in the end I got what I wanted. Other parts I have ordered that were in stock shipped immediately. I keep going back because anytime I have had questions, Dusty has always taken time on the phone to help me. It amazed me that a guy I had never met would spend over an hour on the phone in the middle of his busy day running his business to help me. But that is the kind of service you get!

I have spent probably over 5K in the last year and half with Dusty and would recommend him to anyone.

I hope this helps your peace of mind as I figured me being a "neighbor" in Bel Air and sharing my experiences might make you feel better.

Hit me up sometime
Juston

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the clutch today in the mail thank you very much :) i will be installing it this week :)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
TTSpoolin said:
Got the clutch today in the mail thank you very much :) i will be installing it this week :)
can you post pics of the unit?

thxs

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
6 weeks for my tilton and titan came through as promised. Last piece to my puzzle thanks to Titan and MVP for supplying many of my parts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts