Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some one please help a fellow supra owner out. i just got my RPS CC and the last thing thats stopping me from getting my car done and on the dyno is the stupid clutch alignment tool. the shop that its at wont do it with out it. i changed the stock clutch once by bolting on the flywheel and then sliding the disc and PP onto the input shaft and sliding the tranny on and bolting it down through the cover plates on the sides. could anyone recommend this method for installing the RPS CC or should i wait for an alignment tool? also anyone want to let me borrow theirs for a day or ill just buy it from you. i live in socal. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,528 Posts
i'm pretty sure you'd do it the way you mentioned... slide it all together and tighten the pressure plate bolts through the clutch cover...

i dont know if there is an allignment tool for the RPS clutch or any supra clutch for that matter. it sucks because it would make it a lot easier!

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
You do not need a clutch alignment tool to install any clutch on the V160 6sp for the supra. Remove and install new pilot bearing. Install new throwout bearing with clips on the pressure plate. Assemble all the pressure plate and clutch plates on the transmission. Bolt transmission back in. Install pressure plate bolts through inspection plates.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Fine another shop that know what there are doing.The supra clutch install does not need a tool to install it.

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
281 Posts
There is not enough room to bolt the pressure plate to the flywheel and then get the transmission back up. The tranny tunnel will not allow it. These guys are all right, you do not need an allignment tool for any clutch on the mkiv.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
jam98tt said:
Fine another shop that know what there are doing.
Do this, or we'll next see you here scratching your head asking Whut's wrong with mah car??? The shop said it blew up on the dyno but it ain't their fault. :D Find a competent shop or pay the consequences later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts