Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss called RPS today asking about they're stage 3. The lady who answered said it was a stock pressure plate "heat treated". :eek: I think I'm going to go with the clutch specialties pressure plate. I "heat treated" my stock gs-r pressure plate on a 3rd gear burnout and it broke the plate in half! Just thought I'd throw that info out there.

·
T-64 powered
166 Posts
The RPS pressure plate is the most commonly used and well proven pressure plate of all single disk clutches for the MKIV. I have not heard one bad incident regarding the pressure plate, only the disk.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very odd. The whole idea just sounded a little off putting for me. If you don't mind me asking, what are you lowered on? I love the stance. How's the ride?

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Troy said:
My boss called RPS today asking about they're stage 3. The lady who answered said it was a stock pressure plate "heat treated". :eek: I think I'm going to go with the clutch specialties pressure plate. I "heat treated" my stock gs-r pressure plate on a 3rd gear burnout and it broke the plate in half! Just thought I'd throw that info out there.
I'm sure you just meant to share the info, but it kind of came off like "RPS is Crap" and I decided this from one phone call even though you haven't had personal experience with their clutches. I would just try to phrase things a little better. :)

I think they do a little more than heat treat the pressure plate. I have heard nothing but good things about RPS clutches in Supra's and everyone I know is happy with their clutches and pressure plates.

I have heard that some Z guys were having problems w/ the clutch disks. But I think that those bugs don't have anything to do with the Supra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts