Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a LOT of business with RPS (turboclutch.com) over the years and thoroughly like their product. The clutches are somewhat stiff but hold a lot of power and wear nicely. Up until a couple of weeks ago I had zero complaints. Then things changed...

We installed a clutch and the trans would not go into any gear. We had purchased the clutch back in April of this year for an ongoing project. RPS stated that there was a run of defective clutches during that time and we likely had a defective disk (too thick). When I asked why nobody had bothered to call me BEFORE I INSTALLED the clutch I did not get an answer. But wait, it gets better....

I pay $38 to 2nd air the clutch back to RPS. I stated that I would like 2nd day air back to me. What really happened is they sent it back to me via UPS ground service. But wait it gets better...

I have a very upset customer that needs their car. To make things right I install a used clutch I had around the shop just so theyll have transportation. Sure enough, with the used clutch installed the trans goes into any gear just fine. When the new RPS arrives this week I will install it. So Im basically eating the labor for TWO clutch installs, RPS refused to pay for even one of the labor fees. But wait it gets better....

I talked to RPS today to see when we will see the 'new' clutch. I was informed that the clutch was in fact defective (of course!) and they 'upgraded' the disk to the new facing material. (wow, neat) I inquired about how I could receive a refund for the $38 expense to return the defective clutch and was denied. This is when things went south. So not only am I eating around $350 in labor to install a defective clutch (that RPS could have fore warned me about!!!), but I get to throw away weeks of downtime, $38 out of my own pocket, and potentially lose a very nice customer? Excuse me but who is getting the short end of the stick here? But wait it gets better...

When I finally lose my temper and told RPS how I felt about their customer service, the rep on the phone had the guts to tell me that I wasn't being charged for the 'upgrading' of the facing material and there was no charge for s&h back to me. I guess this was suppose to make things better. Give me a break!

WTF!?!?!?! I gave up and hung up. Screw RPS, if youre reading this Rob Smith you've lost a customer. A customer that happens to be running a RPS clutch in his OWN vehicle. I am uninstalling the RPS so it can go into the garbage this weekend and will be installing a SPEC clutch in its place.

-bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
Did you buy the disk directly from RPS in the first place? Was it JT that you talked to once you were dealing directly with RPS?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
I have found the only way to deal with RPS is to deal with Rob directly, never have had good service unless i did this
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,241 Posts
T61supradean said:
I have found the only way to deal with RPS is to deal with Rob directly, never have had good service unless i did this
I think that would be the way too, but JT has never let me spoken to him. I will next time if I have a problem.
 
G

·
Get in touch with rob... JT may know a few things but he just works there and answers the phone. he doesnt know jack shit otherwise....


bryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
I'm pretty shocked as I've never had an issue with JT as far as his service or knowledge. If he doesn't know about something, he has Rob get back to me. Can people please post details on their "issues" vs. just general information so that we can better understand what's wrong?
 
G

·
I wont go into it... lets put it this way. I was going to buy an RPS turbo kit, but JT pushed me away due to his rude and unfriendly tone.

does rps give a shit they lost me as a customer? most likely not, but i wont recommend rps to anyone due to the past event i had with JT over there...

im debating taking my RPS pressure plate out since its the only product i have on my car from them.

yet, from what ive heard, Rob is much better to deal with. JT on the other hand is the worst person to get in touch with, hell lie to you, tell you all different stories to cover is lack of knowledge.

At this point i am very unhappy with RPS..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
Well, if you don't go into it, we can't understand what happened. For all we know you were being an idiot somehow and deserved the treatment. I'm not saying that's what happened but you are THE first person I know who's had such a horrible experience with JT. If you want to PM me, that'd be cool too.

baf32 said:
I wont go into it... lets put it this way. I was going to buy an RPS turbo kit, but JT pushed me away due to his rude and unfriendly tone.

does rps give a shit they lost me as a customer? most likely not, but i wont recommend rps to anyone due to the past event i had with JT over there...

im debating taking my RPS pressure plate out since its the only product i have on my car from them.

yet, from what ive heard, Rob is much better to deal with. JT on the other hand is the worst person to get in touch with, hell lie to you, tell you all different stories to cover is lack of knowledge.

At this point i am very unhappy with RPS..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
i don`t know why someone has to justify their feelings about being treated badly to anyone else?
I too called RPS since i`ve used their preassure plates exclusively after going single.I wanted to inquire about any product they had short of the Carbon Carbon ,too much $$$.The guy i spoke to had no idea who i was and could have cared less.He was rude ,short tempered ,and had no real product info.He told me basically i must not care much for my car or plan on keeping it because if i did i`d spend any amount of $$$ to put in whatever he thought i should,very insulting!
I run into alot of people who think they know it all ,that kind of attitude doesn`t cut it for me.I`m the customer here and unfortunately for RPS in this case read alot and have some knowledge.
Just fyi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think ive talked about my 'issues' enough, heres the moral of the story:

people and businesses make mistakes and I understand this. It happens, big deal. Its one thing to make a mistake and run away. Its another to make a mistake and work it out.

I would not have made my post if RPS would have called me and notified me of the defect. I would have continued to use their product. I would not have made my post if RPS would have at least paid me my $38. Yes it is only $38, thats not the point. The point is it would be the right thing to do. I already ate my labor to R&R the defective clutch, I already lost a good customer (bc I so highly recommended the RPS to him, now this), why should *I* pay to ship back the clutch?

-bill
 
G

·
silvino said:
Well, if you don't go into it, we can't understand what happened. For all we know you were being an idiot somehow and deserved the treatment. I'm not saying that's what happened but you are THE first person I know who's had such a horrible experience with JT. If you want to PM me, that'd be cool too.
i didnt do anything to JT, he flat out lied to me...
 
G

·
terry McCamie said:
i don`t know why someone has to justify their feelings about being treated badly to anyone else?
I too called RPS since i`ve used their preassure plates exclusively after going single.I wanted to inquire about any product they had short of the Carbon Carbon ,too much $$$.The guy i spoke to had no idea who i was and could have cared less.He was rude ,short tempered ,and had no real product info.He told me basically i must not care much for my car or plan on keeping it because if i did i`d spend any amount of $$$ to put in whatever he thought i should,very insulting!
I run into alot of people who think they know it all ,that kind of attitude doesn`t cut it for me.I`m the customer here and unfortunately for RPS in this case read alot and have some knowledge.
Just fyi.
Thats too funny, I had the same experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
silvino said:
Ok, it's always good to hear opinions.

Not too bad to have two people upset and hudreds happy.

opinions? haha. what Ive stated is pure fact.

Its also apparent you are not very well minded concerning good business. FACT: If you have one upset customer that is one too many.

-bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
I wouldn't believe a thing you've said at this point. You're obviously an idiot. It's basically impossible to keep all customers happy. Every site on this forum has had at least one complaint if not more. Wake up to the real world.

You probably didn't get your ass kissed and now you're just bitter but that's ok. It just means more quality service for others.

$nocash$ said:
opinions? haha. what Ive stated is pure fact.

Its also apparent you are not very well minded concerning good business. FACT: If you have one upset customer that is one too many.

-bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
silvino,
i wonder why you are so defensive about this topic?
I`ve read alot of your posts and i`m losing respect for your opinions based on how you seem intent on bashing this poor guy.
I`ve met Supragator and know the quality of his car.My car is NO slouch .Our opinions should count for something.I`ll be looking around next clutch ,thats for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
Hey, you guys can do as you will. I'm just saying many people aside from myself have had nothing but excellent experiences with them AND have never seen one sign of them getting out of line with anyone except for this. To condem a business over a couple of people havnig supposedly bad experiences without knowing both sides is bullshit. Talk all the shit you want about me and RPS but that's just how lame all the bandwagon haters are being.

I'm not being defensive, I'm just pointing out the obvious since people seem to be blind on this issue. If everynoe condemned businesses so easily, I don't think any business who posts here would be in business still. MVP, HPF, Titan, Suprastore, etc. have all had a person or two pissed at them at some point but that's life. You CANNOT satisfy all customers. People try to get something for nothing ALL THE TIME and this is why you will always have some guys complaining on some board as to why a business is complete shit.

I could careless if people don't "respect me" as much because I voice my views. I'm just stating it like I see it. I'm not gonig to kiss ass or hate just to jump on the bandwagon and not hurt anyone's feelings.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top