·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if sp's turbos will fit on a rps manifold
thanx jason

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am not sure, but I think that Cedric is running a SP turbo on an RPS kit. I could be mistaken, but I am pretty sure.

Sorry I couldn't give you a definite answer. :(

KGB

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yes it will fit. SP uses Garrett turbo's. The RPS manifold has a Garrett flange.

-pete

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
I'm guessing "YES". My old single turbo Supra had an SP-60 (.58 A/R) on an RPS exhaust manifold. ;)

Steve T.
1995 Supra TT hardtop

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am not sure, but I think that Cedric is running a SP turbo on an RPS kit. I could be mistaken, but I am pretty sure.

Sorry I couldn't give you a definite answer. :(

KGB

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
YES they will fit. Our turbos use a T4 style flange and use a V band exhaust pipe connector just like Garrett/Turbonetics turbos.... only our turbos are better!! :):D

Lar
SP

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sound Performance said:
YES they will fit. Our turbos use a T4 style flange and use a V band exhaust pipe connector just like Garrett/Turbonetics turbos.... only our turbos are better!! :):D

Lar
SP
I hope people don't forget that I developed the first Single turbo kit right here in the good old USA in 1994. We have always used big-shaft T-series turbos for the best reliability. I believe Lar's SP-60's and 63's are small shaft turbos. They do spool nice because of the lower weight, but I am very conservative when it comes to reliability. We currently use Innovative turbos because of my long standing relationship with the owner Rick Head who was the original turbo engineer at Turbonetics before they were bought by Kelly in 1999. Rick left after he did not like the changes he saw being made by the new management. SW's turbo was built by Rick if I am not mistaken. Between Rick and myself, we can make any combination imaginable. If the small shaft 60's and 63's are proving reliable, I will be happy to supply these to whomever wants them. I have been a little pre-occupied with my carbon-carbon clutches and have not pushed my kit much in the last couple of years, but as SW has shown, it still is the best kit around.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
rpstc said:

I hope people don't forget that I developed the first Single turbo kit right here in the good old USA in 1994. We have always used big-shaft T-series turbos for the best reliability. I believe Lar's SP-60's and 63's are small shaft turbos. ..................., but as SW has shown, it still is the best kit around.

Only the 57 and 60 are small shaft. 63s and larger are big shaft.

Now as far as the best kit around??...... You haven't seen my kit have you Rob??:cool:

Just kidding Rob...... The RPS header and kit is outstanding and if Rob had never hired those two certain guys..... I never would have come out with my own kit so we have Rob to thank for the SP turbo kit.

Lar
SP

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sound Performance said:

Just kidding Rob...... The RPS header and kit is outstanding and if Rob had never hired those two certain guys..... I never would have come out with my own kit so we have Rob to thank for the SP turbo kit.

Lar
SP
Just to change the topic
I see that you too know better about those 2 guys... :rolleyes:

Henri
SP63 equipped

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Two guys?

I have dealt with Rob for a few years now as I run the RPS stage 3 clutch in my car. I am on my 4th one and Rob has been nothing but helpful with questions and warranties.

Now about those "two guys." Rob, I have to ask why you hired them in the first place. I dealt with one of them at the PF and I could tell he was salesman, no more. Then I call RPS a year ago asking about turbo sizes and he answers the phone. Do you want to know what he told me!

"It is impossible for a T60 (SP60) to run 10 second quarter miles. I can show you the compressor maps to prove it."

What was he talking about? Everyone knows Mark Cooper ran 10.5 on his SP60. After that conversation I lost all faith in RPS as a company due to questionable hiring. Did his sales pitch really take you? I am not trying to make you look bad I just could not figure out why a company with such a long history making singles for Supra’s would have such people on the pay roll?

·
Banned
336 Posts
I think RPS should show support for more single turbo'd supras and have a blowout on their manifolds for 800 bucks! =) That way, everyone can be single turbo'd and live happily ever after!!! YAY!!! =)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jack B said:
I think RPS should show support for more single turbo'd supras and have a blowout on their manifolds for 800 bucks! =) That way, everyone can be single turbo'd and live happily ever after!!! YAY!!! =)
I couldnt agree more:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts