Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
4,109 Posts
nice numbers, but tune that sucker. Your high rpm a/f ratios are dangerously lean

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I have lots of dyno sheets up that I would like to compare with yours if you would like to (Through email i do not know how to post pics). Some of mine are on the forums already, but I have cast manifold ITS 61 .70 a/r and cams. My #'s are a little better than yours but that is probaly just because the crower stage 1 cams. I would like to compare to look at spool differences. Do you know what the turbine side of your turbo's size is though?

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
Nice peak numbers, but your power curve looks very low in the mid-range from what I would expect from that turbo.

Brad

·
stock
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ama0787 - my email is [email protected]

banton - im missing a whole lot of tq midrange due to my a/f. i dont feel a "kick" when im in boost, just a hard pull. im waiting for my new wastegate to get in so i can tune it. as you can see, i need a lot of work on my a/f. im hoping *crosses finger* to break 600 w/ a nice tune + raised boost. what turbo/setup are you running?

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
give me a ride

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
spoolinq said:
banton - ...... what turbo/setup are you running?
I am running a BL67 on a built auto.

EDIT: I would think with set-up and proper tuning you could bring that torque curve forward about 1500+ rpm:eek:

Brad

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Damn who let you even leave their shop with a/f as dangerous as that??!!! :eek: Your peak power at 22 psi is actually not too far off, but the way you get there is fucked!

Here are my graphs at 26.5 and 27.5 psi. The 26.5 psi was at 11.8 and I later retuned so that 27.5 psi (max street boost) was about 11.8. I had been doing back to back runs so the car was a heat soaked and makes a little more power at these levels when cooler. The shape of my power curves basically stays almost exactly the same regardless of boost.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=242375 .... I have some newer ones that the tq raised a little to 460's on the 17psi run up from 420's i think and spool is a little quicker...i found a exhaust leak pre turbo that i solved.....do you have an aem?.....let me know if you want me to send you the later ones..... i still have not got a high boost run hope to within 2 weeks not sure if it is a wg soring or boost leak probaly the spring but i hope it is a leak......please send me any dyno sheets you can to [email protected]

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Wow, there has to be some problems. That midrange power is horrible. I bet the wastegate is not funtioning properly. Good luck getting everything dialed in.

·
stock
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blitzsupra - whats your fuel setup?

ama0787 - im running the alphabet soup. this is the first time i dyno'd the car. ill be tuning it real soon.

mrsupra - your right, my wastegate was not functioning right. the first run was a base run and peaked 22lbs. 2nd run i turned down the boost and still hit 22lbs. 3rd run was bypassing the boostcontroller and running it off the wastegate. i took the wastegate apart and found the piece that holds the spring is bent. i just picked up my 44mm vband tial wastegate last night. i'm going to weld it to my rps manifold and see how that goes....

·
Former Moderator
3,783 Posts
BLITZSUPRA - Your car must be AWESOME to drive. I love the way your turbo spools and stays very very flat and smooth on the whole top end. Amazing street car. Ever thought about a 63? :)

spoolinq - get those AF ratios back into a safer and more controlled zone. Be careful with the pulls you make with your car on the street. VERY clean ride though! :)

-Olivier

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
spoolinq said:
blitzsupra - whats your fuel setup?
I have twin Walbros and 788cc injectors, along with a VPC, SAFC-II and G-Force ECU. The 61 is great fun to drive, the car feels very natural and progressive, I am going to keep it after I get the AEM and see what kind of improvements I can get. I may later upgrade to a 63 or 67, who knows, but no hurry. ;)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Do you guys have the 4" inlet, 2.5" outlet setup or the 3"/2"....?

I am working with Garrett to have mine made, and they have offered me both size housings..

Thanks....

·
Registered
581 Posts
So, give me an idea of what kind of cars you've taken out with this turbo setup?

I'm just curious on pump 93 octane, what's your best kill...

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
got my dyno sheet up and just noticed tq falls offmore now and so does hp it use to. previously it would stay above 500 hp and barely dip below 400 tq to 7300 then when i had the ex leak does anyone know why this ouwld have happend peak tq raised by about 20 after the leak was solved and hp dropped 6? (i assumed hp drop was temp and tq raise was solving the leak)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts