Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed this clutch with my stock flywheel and a sprung hub. I had the flywheel resurfaced for the first time of its life. The machinest told me he took roughly .009 off. Anyway, it engages hard, but not until the pedal is nearly all the way out. I am a little worried because I would think it should engage a lot lower in the pedal throw. Does anyway have any ideas? I just hope it isn't that the resurface of the flywheel created too large a gap.

Daniel

·
Super Moderator
4,425 Posts
You can just adjust the rod........but IMHO and experience with clutch's.....the higher engagement ..the better. Dont want to engage to low.otherwise you run the risk of it not fully disengaging. I currently have my twin disk egaging all the way out. But you can lower it little by little......and if shifting gears get tough..then you went to far. But its better to be out to far then to low of an engagement. Just have to play with it.

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
SupraWood said:
If it is just an adjustment then I am very happy. I just hope it isn't something more serious. Thanks guys.
I'm almost positive that the rod is the problem, right after I had my clutch done the car would be engaging past the floor. Then I adjusted it too much and it engaged too far towards the end of letting out the pedal... I have it adjusted now to about an inch off the floor and love it. Silver Bullit may be right about the risk of not fully engaging but I have yet to see that problem. And I can't stand to drive a car with engagement at the end of the pedal release.....

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, I am confused. Is the rod you are talking about the one that goes from the pedal into the firewall? That seems to be the only one that would make a difference, but it is doing it by adding play at the beggining of the pedal motion. Is this right or am I missing something?

D

·
0 Posts
Wait..... You resurfaced your flywheel? From what I understand they are a dual mass flywheel and resufacing will throw off the balance of it or something like that... Someone please correct me.
Probably not related to your problem but i thought I'd add my .02.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts