Rush Racing Antilag
HKS DLI
TRD Diff
SP one-piece driveshaft
Titan billet diff ear mounts
Spec Twin Disk
Original stock longblock w/ 59k miles
27x10.5x16 ET Streets on FD3S wheels; CCW skinnies

First time at the track with fuel and the drivetrain mods on a tire. Previously went 11.6 @ 125MPH on the bone stock fuel system taking it easy on drag radials.

There were only about 10 cars running today, but the track prep was absolutely horrific. I couldn't hook up at all; I was rubbing up against the 2-step but not even building any boost and still blew the tires away. My best 60' of the day was an embarrassing 1.68 and I missed 4th on that run - go figure... Still ran a 10, though. :) Also battled a nasty crosswind that turned into a headwind.

Each pass was back to back with just enough time between them to tweak fuel, boost and tire pressure. First run was ~27psi sustained and a little leaner than I would've preferred. The remaining runs were at ~28psi sustained each with a little more fuel dialed in. Tire pressure started out at 16psi cold and ended up at 16psi hot -- too much, I think.

I let the car cool down for about an hour and then proceeded to make 2 throw away runs due to various issues. I also suspected I may have hurt the clutch as the engagement started to feel funny. The track crew decided it was finally a good time to do a little prep work so I let the car cool down again and set everything set to KILL in preparation for a few more runs. Got in the car to make said runs and I can't shift into the reverse and forward gears take a lot of effort -- clutch is fuct as I suspected. Decided it wasn't worth risking it so I packed it up and drove home. Overall I'm really happy with it being the first time out, especially knowing I have A LOT of room to go on the 60'. On one of my blown runs I went 108MPH in the 1/8th with a little more boost so I think she has 138-139MPH in her on the big end. I might be able to revive the clutch with a little 'normal' driving; if so, I'll be back at the track next weekend with more boost and less tire pressure. :bigthumb:

Videos to come..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice times, that is a sick setup you have. Bet that car sounds AMAZING @ WOT. In-car vids would be tight.

·
Hardtopper
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Working on the videos - inside and out. I don't yet have proper video editing software that handles .MOV (new camera) so it won't be usual production standards.

·
Hardtopper
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best I could do with the freebie shit that came with my camera:

In-car of the 2nd run from my cell phone (rest will be up later).

·
Registered
91 Posts
not bad, get yourself a helmet and go run some low 10's.

Keep us updated on whats going on with the clutch as I haven't heard much about SPEC in the Supra world

·
Hardtopper
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, fellas. I have a helmet, but that particular track doesn't really enforce any safety stuff for T&T's. Last time I was there I was running mid 11's.. ..with a passenger..! God bless the south... :bigthumb:

I really should be deep into the 10's but the track just wasn't there and I definitely need more seat time. I think tire pressure was definitely an issue as well. Looking at the videos I was barely wrinkling the tires out of the hole. I would blow them away and then pedal it to regain and traction and end up bogging -- that was really evident in my last in the above video.

RE: Spec clutch... I knew I was taking a chance with it as it was relatively unproven. It holds the power fine and the engagement is great on the street, but it just can't take launches. Even when I was BPU on drag radials the clutch still was not happy. I have a line lock for the burnout and those 60's are a joke, so it's not like I'm abusing the clutch. I have the SS-trim and I'm going to see what my rebuild/upgrade options are with Spec. I'm hoping I can have it upgraded to the E-trim, which is supposed to be 'drag race only'. I'd do away with Spec entirely, but I really can't drop 3g's on a clutch right now....

Here's what would have been my best run if I hadn't missed 4th... :furious:

·
Hater's Choice
209 Posts
Congrats Bro!

·
Hardtopper
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love watching videos of Supras, so I try to share everything I've got! :)

Here's another in-car video:

I just bought some video editing software so I'll have a more official video put together in the next day or so. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
what phone do you have? Thats an awesome video for a phone! Also a pic of the setup, pretty cool to be able to do that.

Jason

·
Hardtopper
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what phone do you have? Thats an awesome video for a phone! Also a pic of the setup, pretty cool to be able to do that.

Jason

HTC Droid Incredible through Verizon. I'm pretty impressed with the video when viewed in 720p.

Here's a pic of the setup:

The mount is an iGrip 1263 Extender Kit Universal Windshield Mount that I bought off Amazon for ~$20.

·
Hardtopper
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No helmet?

It's invisible - got it from Amazon as well. :freak:

They weren't enforcing helmets and it was HOT sitting in the car so I didn't wear it.

I spent some time adjusting the clutch rod to get a little more travel and now at least the clutch isn't dragging and I can shift into all gears without any increased effort, etc.. Went for a drive and it seems to be ok; engagement still feels a little funny like it has after previous track runs, though. I think I'm going to go ahead and run her next weekend and see how it goes. Might as well try and get my money's worth out of it!

Uploading a new video -- just a combination of all of the previously posted individual clips.

·
Hardtopper
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Video - looks good in 720p Fullscreen:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
niceeee car sounds good to

·
Hardtopper
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, fellas. Hoping to improve on the times next weekend if the clutch will cooperate. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts