Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how is this kit? is it complete with all the parts you need and is it of a good quality? if it doesnt have all the parts you need what parts is it missing? i need to know everything bout this soon cause im planning on gettin this with a T-66 BB turbo cause no company makes a kit with this turbo

·
3,148 Posts
I was going to go with that kit, but decided to go with the SP63 for the following reasons.

All exhaust and turbo components are either ceramic coated, polished. This will help reduce the underhood heat which is substantial on a turbo. The turbine housing will typically rust and look very poor within a couple of weeks on the RPS kit. I have also heard of some cracking on the RPS header. The SP kit uses a header with thicker tubing (and larger diameter) and thicker flanges. The SP kit also has a superior wastegate and blowoff valve. I also believe you get a bigger/higher flowing intake with the SP kit. I was sold on the RPS kit and didn't think you needed all the bells and whistles of the SP kit until I started doing a little research. Now it's apparent that these bells and whistles are more important that I had initially thought. If you bought an RPS kit and tried to upgrade it to this level, you would probably have spent more than just getting the SP kit to begin with.

Later, Steve

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much would the sp kit with a t66 cost? i only have around $6,000 to spend at the time and the rps would have been good cause i could have gotten the kit and upgraded my fuel system to run higher boost. does anyone know of shops that will match up a t66BB up to the greddy kit?

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lar,

Your website is down. What phone number can I reach you at?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts