Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
RRev Motorsports
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car out to the track tonight and did pretty well. The car is a stock longblock (stock cams) with a T78 turbo and TH400 tranny. It did a [email protected] on boost only and a little better with some nitrous.. Check it out.

If you cant read the picture, its a [email protected] I think it has a little more in it. Maybe get it into a 9.6-9.7. I also drove the car to the track and home.

Michelle and her husband came out, they had some traction problems, but there are some good times to come with that car.

Tim

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
WOOHOO! Way to go Tim! That is AWESOME! I am sorry I wasn't able to make it out tonight to witness this in person.

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
That is awesome Tim!! Wish I had the chance to come out this evening...kids required me to stay at home...maybe I'll see you next weekend though? Great time there... I'm sure you left a bit on the table...set of 272's maybe? Drove it home...sure some of the Detroit iron guys would turn red if they paid attention :lol:

Mark

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
That's kick ass Tim! Got sick of the clutch and tranny issues 'eh'

·
RRev Motorsports
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorriso said:
Congrats!:bigthumb: What tires are you running and how much nitrous?

That was with a conservative 150 shot (never tuned for NO2, first pass on it). I would have done a little tuning but got kicked out until I get my NHRA license. Tires were MT Drags, I had been using the MT drag radials, but PIR isn't known for its good traction, so I just went all out on the tires :)

Tim

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wish I could've seen the full pass, I saw the launch and about half of the run. Great job Tim. Also, thank you for letting Michelle and I do a bit of work on her car, and for letting us use the drag radials. Bill, it was nice to meet you too. It's nice when you can put a person with the car. PM either Michelle (suprawoman98t) or I when you come up to this area, we do owe you lunch.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
way to blast off the year Tim...setting the bar for Rrev...lets see if your former place of employment can compete...but its doubtful becasue you have the best tuner on your team...:)

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Look'in GOOD Timmie me boy. Keep up the good work One of these days you will be squeeking down the track making 8's...haha... We have to have somebody here in the NW who can make the drag circuit.

I am hoping to see ChrisB get his rig out there and get it mov'in too...

I wonder who will be the first to break 150MPH speed in a Supra here in the NW?

Sorry that we couldn't be there to watch you and Michelle and any other Supras dragging as we had family visiters...haha...

·
Registered
970 Posts
Tim, you trying to make me look bad or whats the deal? You go out and spank me with a bone stock longblock, small turbo, stock cams, ect. Whats up with that? haha!

Congrats! I bet you were excited as hell. Better go get your NHRA license so we can go head to head the end of may when I come back down!

Brett

·
Registered
222 Posts
Congrats guys. I tried to make it there last night but I got stuck helping a friend with a few things. They stopped letting people in 5 minutes before I got there.

I'll give you guys a call tomorrow about the AE86.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
Awesome :bigthumb:

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
congrats Tim, very nice times!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Heres a pic I got of Tims supra last night, I have a few of the run, but when I loaded them onto the pc they looked horrible.

·
Registered
124 Posts
David_rg79 said:
way to blast off the year Tim...setting the bar for Rrev...lets see if your former place of employment can compete...but its doubtful becasue you have the best tuner on your team...:)
:)
BTW David the owner of your and tims old 1g is putting a 2.4 stroker in it and really cleaning the car up

1 - 20 of 27 Posts