Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
lol I saw that, it didn't even say how or what they did to stop it. Fail. I already got mine back I still hardly ever played it. Maybe once in a blue moon and it still broke on me...

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
GPU is on a smaller die which draws less power and produces less heat. Heat sink is larger and the console now peaks at 150watts while the old generation peaks at 203watts.

I like how they say they RROD problem is solved yet the new model of the xbox has only been on the market since OCT 08. They might want to wait longer than 4 months before they say they got the problem nailed.

·
That Guy
36 Posts
haha microsoft is always gonna use shitty materials bc its taken me quite a while to get the caked on dies bc they are skipping out on good quality paste. ive done enough 360 repairs to know how shitty thier products are. ive done the whole RROD thing which really just changes the paste to changing out lasers in the dvd drives and reflashing. but maybe since they have lost millions that this time around they will use better stuff. but thats my .02

James

·
Killing Owls 2 stop O Rly
885 Posts
I have never gotten the RROD, I must be really lucky

Oh wait, never mind I bought a PS3.

·
chillin like a villain
640 Posts
what's the difference between Jasper and Falcon? I just bought a 360 the other day and it's a falcon ( power port ) but build date was 2008-10-..... Did mine came with a newer setup?

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Doesn't really matter if they fix it because the damage to the reputation is something that will take YEARS to recover from. Maybe when they release the next version in a few years... :dunno:

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Mine finally RROD'd a few days ago. Covered under 3 year warranty. I bought it 1.5 years ago used, so it's not too bad.

The only system I ever only had to buy one of was the N64...

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
They actually released a new version of the 360's motherboard near the end of 2008 if I remember right. I cannot find a link to the info right now, but supposedly they were not supposed to have the same problems that the old RRoD box's had.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts