Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a WTB thread for the OEM Seat Heater Buttons: https://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1053953-WTB-OEM-Toyota-Seat-Heater-Button. Hadn't had any success in over a year. Then RRsupra7 posts that he has one, and would be willing to remove it and sell it to me.

He first offered them at a set price.

Then he started a bidding war between me and at least one other forum member (maybe another one as well)

I went up on price once or twice, but that point told him I already met his asking price; I'm not getting into a bidding war. My price was final. He agreed.

I promptly sent him $$ via Paypal back on Feb 5th.

From that point on, it was endless excuse after excuse. Always something about didn't have time because of this or that, yet he had more than enough time to write me huge long emails about his Supra, ask me questions/advice, etc, and I'm just like "go pull the switches and send them to me already."

After numerous stall tactics, and my patience wearing thin, I contacted him again - and at that point never heard back.

The window for disputing the transaction under Paypal protection was in August, so to be safe, I went ahead and initiated the dispute on July 28th.

To date, he has yet to respond to either Paypal or my credit card company.

Bottom line: BUYER BEWARE. RRsupra7 aka Billie Hoffman is a scammer. Don't buy anything from him; he'll take your money and run.

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
The issue here is you were a negligent buyer.

RRsupra7 joined this forum in January of 2018. Yet, you felt comfortable to send money on February 5th. If I were a mod, I'd ban him as nearly all of his 27 posts are responses to WTB threads. But that being said, everyone on here has to use common sense when buying from someone.

Going forward, you did the right thing by starting this thread and raising awareness. But keep in mind this thread will eventually get pushed down by newer threads and won't save someone else from getting ripped off. One of the best things you can do is submit negative rating to his feedback score, this will allow anyone communicating with him to see he's got a bad track record.

·
Administrator
9,204 Posts
He hasn't been active since June, About 3/4ths of his replies are not to WTB threads unless I'm seeing things. I saw like 3 replies to WTB give or take.

Sucks you lost out and in all likelyhood if I don't see a reply from a PM i sent to him in a couple days he will get banned. He doesn't show the typical MO of a scammer call me crazy.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The issue here is you were a negligent buyer.

RRsupra7 joined this forum in January of 2018. Yet, you felt comfortable to send money on February 5th. If I were a mod, I'd ban him as nearly all of his 27 posts are responses to WTB threads. But that being said, everyone on here has to use common sense when buying from someone.
Actually I agree with you 100%, and I wasn't comfortable; I actually had significant reservations. But being that it was a part I was on the hunt for for over a year, I figured I'd roll the dice and see what happened - backed by Paypal & Credit Card protection. It's a risk, but a risk I was willing to take.

Going forward, you did the right thing by starting this thread and raising awareness. But keep in mind this thread will eventually get pushed down by newer threads and won't save someone else from getting ripped off. One of the best things you can do is submit negative rating to his feedback score, this will allow anyone communicating with him to see he's got a bad track record.
Good point.

He hasn't been active since June, About 3/4ths of his replies are not to WTB threads unless I'm seeing things. I saw like 3 replies to WTB give or take.

Sucks you lost out and in all likelyhood if I don't see a reply from a PM i sent to him in a couple days he will get banned. He doesn't show the typical MO of a scammer call me crazy.
I can only comment on my experience. And I'm pretty sure he was trying to bid supralady84 against me, FYI.

·
Administrator
9,204 Posts

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
Matt, can we stop new members from seeing the WTB section until they have 100 posts atleast? That section is full of people desperate for parts, more likely to end up scammed.

·
Very Senior Member
10,069 Posts
RRSupra7 is previous scammer Anthony.A (https://www.supraforums.com/forum/s...-Beware-of-Anthony-A&highlight=anthony+armada)

This account has been banned and IP addresses logged

People yell at me all the time why can't they sell their items just because they have a new account... this is why.
Good job.
Finally earning that massive paycheck that Mods and Admins get!
(LOL - I'm still living off the residuals from being a Mod on SF long ago - don't you know!)

Seriously - that is why SF has rules about this.
I would not go so far as to restrict access for potential buyers, however, since they can't hurt anyone but themselves.

·
Administrator
9,204 Posts
I have grown very wealthy from this position and each ban vertical scope pays me one internet respect point. Also my testosterone has increased along with my dead lift. The negatives are my upper lip is always sweaty and my eyebrows connect in the middle.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RRSupra7 is previous scammer Anthony.A (https://www.supraforums.com/forum/s...-Beware-of-Anthony-A&highlight=anthony+armada)

This account has been banned and IP addresses logged
You're making the connection between the two because the IP addresses match? Or what? Cuz the names and locations definitely don't.

People yell at me all the time why can't they sell their items just because they have a new account... this is why.
No, I agree with you 1000%. The rules are there for a reason. And thanks for taking the time to enforce them!

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
What is your First & Last name?: Anthony Armada
-What is your email?: [email protected]
-What is your phone number? : 304-6 three eight -4181
-What is your City? : Charleston
-What is your State? : WV
-What is your Zip code? : 25560

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Anthony ripped me off on a trd tach. I sent funds to Billie Hoffman on a few occasions. He got me after a few transactions. I am the one that brought this to the attention of mods.

·
Administrator
9,204 Posts
You're making the connection between the two because the IP addresses match? Or what? Cuz the names and locations definitely don't.

No, I agree with you 1000%. The rules are there for a reason. And thanks for taking the time to enforce them!
Billie Hoffman and Anthony armada are the same person. Google both names.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts