Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sexy Bitch
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question on the RS*R Catback exhaust system. (Part # 10-T300) Does this come with a CAT? Or is it just a straight pipe run to the Muffler? I found a decent price on the system for $430, and I want to make sure that this baby will pass emissions. (I live in Atlanta, GA)

If it does NOT have a CAT, could i just have one put on? Would any pipe bending be needed?

Would a BIC DP fit this exhaust system?

I have searched and have not found an answer to these questions. I am a 1st time MKIII turbo owner that is currently rebuilding the motor and i know very little about Exhaust systems.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Think about your question a bit. I'm not trying to be rude, but you have already answered your own question.

This is a CATBACK exhaust system. Therefore it bolts up to the back of your factory cat under your passenger seat and goes from there back. As far as the DP goes, you can get one that botls to the front of the cat or one that goes all the way to the exhaust.

·
Sexy Bitch
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks trent, like i said before, i don't know Shit about supra exhausts. :)

Oh well, I can't even find any RS*R exhausts in stock anywhere. I might just go with a Blitz NUR spec.

So the DP will connect to the CAT, and then the Catback exaust system will go from the cat back?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
432 Posts
correct. Think of it as a 3 piece system not including the elbow. Downpipe into cat into catback. I was gonna go with the RSR myself but I ran into the same problem as you and nobody had it in stock so I went with the Blitz NUR. Still sounds wicked when driving. But I also have a Titan DP, 3"test pipt, and the NUR. You might want to get some black RTV to help seal the connections. The Blitz doesn't come w/ a gasket you have to use RTV. Good luck.

·
Six Figure Club
420 Posts
Remember that most dp elimenate the secondary cat. so if your still tryingto pass emissions than bic ddp is not the way that you should go

·
Sexy Bitch
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
solomaster2002 said:
Remember that most dp elimenate the secondary cat. so if your still tryingto pass emissions than bic ddp is not the way that you should go
So if i only have 1 Cat, will i fail the actual emission's part of the test, or the Visual test? (If they have a visual)

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
606 Posts
much as i care about the environment, tragedy of the commons says 3inch all the way for me. good thing MN doesnt have emissions

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
FromDaStreetz said:
I would think that a 3.2" system would still bolt up to a 3" cat.
Yes it will. It still only has a 3" flange on it. I know it kind of defeats the purpose of a 3.2 inch pipe, but it funnels down to the 3" flange.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Ok, I was not aware of the system having a 3" flange :stickpoke oh well I guess, But if anyone knows of a 3.2 inch Cat let me know, and the flange problem could always be fixed.

Thanks for clarifying that Trent!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts