Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im looking for a sound clip or video of the rsr exhaust on a mk3 i cant seem to find any. I have heard some people say that it is very loud while others claim its quiet.

craig

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I used to have a clip of it, but I don't have it anymore.

RSR is THE LOUDEST exhaust I had.

And believe it or not I had all of the following on my car:

HKS 75mm, HKS Drager, Greddy SP, Blitz Nur Spec, Tanabe, and a custom N1 setup. I could never make up my mind on the exhaust.

It's the loudest and most agressive sounding. I absolutely LOVED it. The silencer quiets it a bit, but not a whole lot.

·
Invert.
257 Posts
damn, you had all those! What do you think about the tanabe? Its so hard to understand what loud means. I've heard people say the same exhaust is very quiet and very loud. I swear I remember hearing the rsr once in a clip, I'll try to find it. No promises though!

·
GG BHG
329 Posts
i have a kinda crappy vid clip of me leaving my cul de sac after an oil change, i was trying to keep it quiet though so i didn't upset my mom and neighbors. if anybody wants to host it it's 3mb

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Travisimo said:
damn, you had all those! What do you think about the tanabe? Its so hard to understand what loud means. I've heard people say the same exhaust is very quiet and very loud. I swear I remember hearing the rsr once in a clip, I'll try to find it. No promises though!
Yep I had them all. Tanabe was awesome, but just a little too quiet for me. I wanted something noisy and agressive. I had a video flyby of me with the RSR at one point, but I can't find it. NO ONE would argue that the RSR is the loudest you can buy off the shelf. It's that loud.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
lagged said:
eh it cant be THAT loud! even open downpipe isnt THAT loud! :bigthumb:
Actually I said it was the loudest exhaust off the shelf, pre built you can buy. Don't even get me started on the glorious open DP and WG sounds :)

·
Registered
606 Posts
if you want the RS*R GT2-get it. Take it from us, you dont need to worry about how it sounds because it sounds badass and its probably the straightest catback ''you can buy off the shelf". Unless youre worried that its too loud HAHA. Besides the NurSpec, I dont like the other exhausts at all.

·
Project Sleepra
279 Posts
I want to combine the BIC divorced downpipe with the RSR system. no more cat or pre cat, eliminated resonator, and a nice exhaust leak just for the wastegate :bigthumb:

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
What happened to trent's launch video, that had a good sample of the RSR sound.

The 935 Catback with Megan is slightly louder then RSR. The RSR seems to have a bigger overall can with more sound packing then the Megan.

The RSR IS loud, but it is a good loud, not a bad loud.

·
Boostin
1,280 Posts
MK3Brent said:
"Loudest exhaust ever...."

I don't think so. My unlce has that on his MkIII-T and it not even as loud as Supra_Dre Rs-R. It's only idle loud. Just that it has the flapping noise with no muffler.

·
7M till the END
586 Posts
If you can wait about maybe few weeks (hopefully), I will record one and let you hear it. I ordered one two months ago from turbo import for $439 shipped. thats the cheapest you will ever find anywhere even on ebay. but I dont know if you heard, but its out of stock in the RS*R of U.S. There is a shipment coming in may, dont know when though, and once it arrives, I will definetly install it in a day or two max after I get it. I did ALOT of reasearch before I decided to buy it. didnt hear it though, but its cheaper than NUR SPEC and they say its louder in nice way, not like those civic fart cans you see everywhere. its the straightest you could buy of the shelf as the guys said, fitment is great as I heard, and sounds really mean and loud. untill i get it, I cant help you, If you want , contact turboimport and ask them when they will have it in stock, they are really quick in replying to e-mails. make the right decision, if you want a custom cat back it will cost around $300 at least, and wont have warrantty or the bragging rights, lol, just kidding about that. but by the way, its 3.2" not 3". if you want my opinion, after 3 months of researching, yes 3 months, I decided to go with RS*R. and did I mention the muffler is angled, not straight, which make it even much much nicer in my opinion. as i said, I will let you know whenever I get it, and you will be the first to hear the sound clip. good luck man.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i just got mine and it sounds great. with the silencer in it's not loud enough to get ticketed for. with the silencer out i think you will get ticketed by every cop you pass. the only problem for me is the fitment of the silencer. it wont go all the way in even if i hit it with a hammer, and even though i only got it halfway in i can't get it back out. i wish it was easier to take in and out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts