Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
FTG & the IRL!
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve searched but couldn’t find much info on an RSR GT2 exhaust system. I’m looking for opinions on the fit & finish, installation difficulty, and overall satisfaction with this system. The thing that concerns me the most is the routing of the system, since RSR’s description states “This exhaust line is specifically designed to omit useless bends to provide the straightest exhaust pipe route possible.”. I’m worried about clearance, especially once I lower my car, and how the GT2 system mounts – does it use all of the stock mounting/hanger points on the car?
I’ve looked at many of the systems available and from my research and I like the GT2 the best so far. I know this system will be fairly loud but that’s the tradeoff I’m willing to make. I was set on the Tanabe Hyper Medallion but I’m not crazy about the appearance of the muffler on the car and like the GT2’s look much better. Since my Supra isn’t a daily driver, I can live with a more aggressive sound as long as it’s not like a pissed off fart can/bumble bee. Anyone out there with a GT2 system let me know what you think of it . . .

D

·
0 Posts
I have Eibachs and had no problem with clearance. The noise was to much for me, with no cats, and a suprasport elbow. You can ride around with the silencer, but whats the point if you want free flowing.

I now have a HKS 75MM and would not use anything else.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
great system from what i have heard. Dont know much about it though. sorry i cant be of more help.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I have a buddy who has it on his 1jz and it is quite loud. While driving behind him on the highway I'd get weird resonances with his exhaust and mine. Good sound, but it is quite loud.

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
I had it, it was loud but not as loud as the hpf 4 inch i put on after wards. It fit good, only thing i didnt like was the muffler itself i think it just doesnt fit the supra well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
A buddy of mine has one on his 1jz:
-Sound:
-Amazing deep quality tone
-LOUD
-Quality:
-Nice finish
-Good fit
-Look:
-Grows on ya
-Better at certain angles (too bad I didnt get pics of the good angles :))

And this kinda shows how low it is (I messed with the levels in the pic so you could see the pipe...hangs about 3 to 4 inches off the ground)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
hey i love the black paint on ur mk3 but i havent ever been a big fan of the whole stripes down the center of the car. or are they stickers?

·
way over budget
664 Posts
rsr is great, i have it and my car is dropped pretty far and I NEVER had it rub on anything, i do drive it pretty carefully over speed bumps and stuff. I really like the sound of it.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I had and used pretty much every single aftermarket exhaust available for the MK3. On the final setup that I had, I went with a 4" DP/MP combo and then had the RSR GT2 catback. By far the best performing system I used. Sure it was loud, but fitment was perfect, nearly a straight pipe. One tiny little bend in the whole system. It worked great, had a great deep tone, and it was just a fantastic exhaust. If i did it all over again, I'd go with the RSR again.

·
FTG & the IRL!
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Great info . . . thanks guys! So for the individuals that mentioned the system was loud, was this with the silencer in or out. It appears that the silencer is easily removable with one screw on the bottom of the muffler. Say if you were planning on road tripping, doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to put the silencer in temporarily - unless it's still loud with it in. From all the descriptions, I still think I'll like the sound of the system.

Goodbar6 - in those pictures you attached it appears that the muffler sticks out from under the bumper in the side shot. Is it just the angle or does the muffler actually stick out a ways?

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
i got ahold of the piping off of a rs-r catback for free brand new... but not the muffler. i had a apexi can handy so i welded it up and threw it on. i did end up fighting soem clearance issues at the muffler with my setup... but it worked out really well. i love the design of the piping. bends suck

·
Registered
213 Posts
heres some more pics of my RSR GT-2 exhaust on my 600HP build. i lowered my supra about 2 inches. i have huge clearence issues with my exhaust. but if you dont lower it as far as i did, you will be ok. i had no fitment issues went in very smoothly. the tip does stick out a little but it still looks really sweet. the hardest part i had was with those damn springs you have to slip on. click on the pics to make them bigger.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have the GT2 on my Supra.
Supposedly its loud, which it is, but I have never complained nor have the cops. It gives off such a deep tone that it isn't as bad on the ears. It does rumble through out house though cause our driveway goes right by.
The single only problem I have is that it is NOT stainless steel, other than that there is no way in hell there would be ANY other complaints or problems. I suck when it comes to cars and I got this baby installed by myself, no problems, perfect fit.
*I have pics of the GT2 and Nur Spec "side by side"if you want, two of the best exhuasts for the mk3/7m in my opinion. But Im no computer genious so you'd need to get me your email address and I'll email it to you. The GT2 is much straighter than, IMO its biggest competitor, the Nur Spec. Oh yeah, if youre worried about fitment problems the NurSpec would be the one you'd avoid.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts