Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 rsx-s Vs. S2k,evo,srt,celica :

http://www.customdc5.com/hosted/05typeS_gone_wild_small.wmv

that's the 05 model.their pretty, they have the ITR cams, ITR final gear, and some other things. they put out 210 at the flywheel instead of 200 from the 02-04's.
they also got a face lift, which is why they seem different,

rsx had intake, race header and exhaust. The s2k is the newer 2.2 L version

Hey guys, the 05 RSX-S is a big improvement over the 02-04 in both suspension and straight line peformance.
With Intake and a Raceheader the 05's are putting down right around 200whp. With the Type R Final Drive it really helps with the acceleration also.
There are a couple people over on clubrsx with those mods, one is Klutch RSX, and he ran 13.8 with 05 w just I/H
Another guy which is shown in the video is RollinTypeS, did 14.1 @ LACR, with I/H/E. Those who know LACR its about .5-7 tenths slower than an average track, altitude correct with the formula given by LACR that comes to a corrected 13.68. Not bad for a couple mods eh? =)
I have the same mods as the guy in the video in my 05 RSX-S. Here is my little compilation video I did of a night out with my friends.
In the video is an 03 SRT-4 w/I/Gutted Cat. A 1994 BPU Supra 6spd. A 2002 WRX w/VF22, Untuned Cobb Piggyback, Perrin Fuel Rails, STi upipe and Exhaust. Enjoy.

V I D E O : http://www.k20z.com/higher.WMV

·
Banned
80 Posts
Nice races!! My good friend has a 02 rsx-s and its pretty fast..he's not stock though..;)

Nomie

·
Registered
504 Posts
slow.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
A couple things

1) I find it hard to believe an RSX with bolt ons can take an EVO
2) It looked like the Supra wasn't even racing.
3) I like your ringtone

·
Champagne Papi
5,694 Posts
notlownf said:
A couple things

3) I like your ringtone

Stock for stock.. an Srt4 can take an evo on the highway. And I know somebody with Reflash, Intake, Exhaust on the 02 RSX type S's and he kills them easily..

·
Registered
153 Posts
a damn 02 rsx-s has 200 hp and does the quarter in 14.9. 10 more horse and a stupid fricken heaand intake is not gonna drop the the time to 13.8 or faster. funny but not that funny. does shaveing ur badges give you another 30 hp to? i dont even see turbo cars respond that much fron two mods! shit must be a f1 engine in that damn this.

·
Registered
153 Posts
boostin8 said:
i dont because ive seen a vid of a civic hatch with a k20 swaped in take out and EVO on 22psi. here it is.

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/images/gallery/videos/Shorty1.1.wmv

well for one this that hatch is gutted, it doesnt have no back seats. its also a lot lighter than an rsx. i also dont hes telling the whole truth about the hatch im susre theres other mods. i have nomne many poeple and have friends with ls swaps and gsr swaps with full bolt ons and there just running about mid 14s. so i dont think that hatch is running no fricken 13.5 or faster cuz thats what the evo does stock nevermind 22psi, even though its from a roll.

S

·
0 Posts
notlownf said:
A couple things

3) I like your ringtone
#2= might have been a non turbo supra:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
well to all who disagree about the rsx evo match i am still stick to the rsx bein faster. those are and easy modable car. and those k20 are pretty fast for a 4 cyl.

·
Registered
825 Posts
i think the rsx is faster too on the evo race........what i still want to know is what kind of bpu supra gets beat by a rsx with a special intake box to that gives a honda engine 100whp?????

·
Registered
120 Posts
southeastsupra said:
i think the rsx is faster too on the evo race........what i still want to know is what kind of bpu supra gets beat by a rsx with a special intake box to that gives a honda engine 100whp?????
a person that sucks at driving gets beat by an rsx. and thank you for agreeing with me.

·
Registered
825 Posts
boostin i agree with you if you have a car that is turbocharged, why not brake boost? i would have and you could have easily beat him!!!! but i guess the fucker in the evo didnt know what the hell he was doing. that and he was prolly grannyshifting

·
Registered
120 Posts
southeastsupra said:
boostin i agree with you if you have a car that is turbocharged, why not brake boost? i would have and you could have easily beat him!!!! but i guess the fucker in the evo didnt know what the hell he was doing. that and he was prolly grannyshifting
ya if he would have brake boosted he probly would have had him and kept pullin but he is stupid and didnt.

·
1jz 240sx
205 Posts
on the freeway, gsr or rsx can take evo's easily. Evo's own on the street, but suck on the freeway. This is from personal experience with both.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts