Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rsx vs 95' n/a 5-speed supra....? SO i finally got my supra last week. there is a guy at school saying i don't have shit on his brand new RSX type S. I have raced a couple of times and i'm still getting used to everthing but over all i think i'm driving it pretty damn well. how do you think i will do? rumor has it he only shifts at 4000 rpm because his dad told him anything above it will tare his clutch up. How do you i'll do if he pushes all the way? I'm a SE with a K&N cone filter. thanks guys

-- I thought his should be in this forums and not the kill because the TT guys will just laugh at me:rolleyes:

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
was posted a while back...

NO im not gonna tell you to use the search function. im just posting cuz id think you'd like to know.

it was on here awhile back. forget where. an na supra raced an rsx and beat the sh*t outa it. i can almost quote him on what he said. something like " 142lb ft. dont do sh*t for 200 horses". i think you should win. just launch right...or it may be hard.

shifts at 4000? haha! correct me if im wrong..but the redline is between 6500 and 8 grand right!?!?!((forget exactly where)) and its a HONDUH. they make most of their power above 4500 rpms!! haha let him shift at 4k. he'll think you got a turbo under there!

and do us all a favor. tear him a new @$$hole.

Bob

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well guys.. i was taking one of my friend for a ride today and i saw this ass hole pulling out on the street. so we whip it around and go after him. we are in traffic, and he sees me coming in the other lane. i'm cursing at about 50-55. i see him get on it hard and then i do immeditly. i could already tell i was pulling on him. thank god, we pull up to the next red light. he gives smiles at me:rolleyes: ! so i'm like ok, its on now. light turns green and he was a little shock to see that my rear ends was a little side ways (the asss didn't even know it was RWD). i had a nice launch and kill him off the start. i pulled about 2-3 cars at the start, then i could see him gaining me a little, then i would shift and he would start falling back again. we went to about 70-75 and i still had the 2-3 car lenght on him. at the next light he wouldn't even look at me:D . now i'm just waiting to hear how the story is going to get turned around at school on monday. at least i have witness!!!:D

take it easy guys;)

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Mazx6 said:
well guys.. i was taking one of my friend for a ride today and i saw this ass hole pulling out on the street. so we whip it around and go after him. we are in traffic, and he sees me coming in the other lane. i'm cursing at about 50-55. ...we went to about 70-75 and i still had the 2-3 car lenght on him. at the next light he wouldn't even look at me:D . now i'm just waiting to hear how the story is going to get turned around at school on monday. at least i have witness!!!:D

take it easy guys ;)
heres how it'll get turned around. theres pretty much two scenarios for this one. i learned this from racing my neighbors grand am gt.

1) He's gonna say he screwed up the launch, and point out that he was gaining on you. ((even if he fell back when he shifted))

this is what the kid with the grand am did. he said he "didnt launch properly" even tho i just kept pulling away,((so technically it wouldnt have mattered either way)). lol and i even caught my foot on the side of the brake so i didnt floor it right away. :rolleyes:

2) say "you should have beaten me you have a supra.((no matter what he said before. cuz he'll forget what he said before.))
and blame it on your extra two cylinders, etc ,etc.

o wait theres a third scenario.

3. he'll say. owell its a piece of shit anyway.:rolleyes: :D gotta love what jealousy will do to people. anyways, good kill. way to put an ignorant @$$ in his place.

Bob

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your so right, BlackSupra93. He is the only person that says its shit. I actually over heard him say that to some guy at my school that drives a pretty tight Probe GT, and the guy with the probe and his friend both looked at him and said, "dude, its a fucking supra!". I'll post some pics of my car later. Its a very very clean 1995 white SE w/ leather and all optoins. i can't wait to hear what he says on monday.....

peace

:p

·
ABM
497 Posts
hehe...luvin it

hehe...u surely showed his a$$!! there's alot of them RSX type-S's in my area and ive raced a couple of them to know that those should be a kill in our category. off the line, they are quick...but once you punch the throttle, the torque.....will set chu free. just took one out on the freeway about a week ago. it was a purty clean a$$ dark blue one. was aroun 11pm that night, pretty much no cars on 59. kid looked like a little 16 yr old who harassed his mommy and daddy to git him a brand new car. didnt really go much on a limb to race him but as i slowly passed him (we were cruisin at 65), minding my own business...he speeds up and pulls even next to me, then would punch it and slow down. he does this a couple times until i got fed up with it. about the 4th time he pulls even with me and punches it again...only this time i droppd to 4th and mashed the gas. by 80 we were dead even...me catching up to him on his advanced take-off. i pulled so hard on him once i shifted to 5th that he had to be at least 4-5 carlengths behind. didn't even use a single shot of the direct-port, after shiftin' to 5th, felt like i didnt even need it at all. i didnt even downshift to 3rd and he was in my dust. 100, 110,...120 i looked in my mirror and he was GONE!!! i slowed back down to 75 and he comes roaring back right next to me and starts up the same routine. oh wells...i guess he wanted what was comin to him. TT or not, the N/A is still a wreckin ball!

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats for damn sure!:D

man your engine looks so niceeeeeeeee. Which intake pipe are you using, and which filter?

M

·
0 Posts
Re: was posted a while back...

BlackSupra93 said:

it was on here awhile back. forget where. an na supra raced an rsx and beat the sh*t outa it. i can almost quote him on what he said. something like " 142lb ft. dont do sh*t for 200 horses". i think you should win. just launch right...or it may be hard.

BlackSupra93 thanks for remembering :D ... yeah that NA was me. RSX Type-S ain't got nothin' on a SUPRA. took the guy off the line and from a roll. he was pretty much stock, so maybe with some mods, they can hang, don't know the potential of that honda engine. but for now, SUPRA NA's on top.

oh my! if he's shifting at 4000k... no comment
i shift at 4000k while daily driving :rolleyes:

have fun, stay safe

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
SOOPRASTAH!!
dude...what can i say!?!? nIIIIIIce. great lookin engine. nice lookin front. what is that? is that a whole new front or just a lower lip. do you have any other pics of your car with that on, or just on a generic supra..? its looks sweet and if its just a lip it'd cost a helluva lot less than a whole new front.

Money042...heh what can i say. it just stuck with me. i was actually a bit intimidated by those four bangers for a bit there, so what you said stuck. they sposedly run 0-60 in like 6.8...and thats about on par with a stock NA auto. and thats what i am so thanks for reliving some stress. if only my car would downshift to first above 10mph... i swear punching it at like 15 mph it stays in second for the long haul which royally,sux. time to learn how to quickly put it into manu from normal driving and punch it at the exact same time. :)

mazx6: for some reason i really like ford probes. when i was 14 or w/e when i first started noticing cars it was the first car i noticed. its got nice clean lines and looks fairly agressive. ((heh, i didnt even remember my dad previous 3 supras :(. 82, 86.5, 89t))
post some pics when u can. i wish i could. we hooked up a new computer, my old pics are on the old comp. and i cant scan my new ones cuz the cmputer wont recognize the scanner :( . and im still searcing for that "perfect" picture. i had a really sweet one but my camera skills cut off the side of the car. and the other one the garage door reflect so brightly in the front of the car it looked like a massive dent. ah, the downsides of a black car when its clean.(( and then it stays clean about 2 minutes!! fun))

ill get some pics up eventually. after the drager goes on.
later,
Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
good kill man. nice to see you put him in his place. i actually have a lot of respect for the rsx, and wouldn't mind having one, especially since there is supposedly a type r coming to the US soon. but i think people need to know their place. NA or not, the supra is a superior car. but i have to wonder, i think that car has a 9 or 10 k red line since it is the type s, and i have heard that the rsx responds REALLY well to msd. a lot of people rag on the rsx over at the prelude forums too, but i think they are just jealous. oh well, nice kill.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts