Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ran the AEM EMS without an HKS DLI? I have 2 friends who have done it locally but they are on the GTE setup... wondering if we can get away with it aswell.. they said it was fine until above 16.5psi then it would break up

My main concern was just to get the car running first

·
Registered
951 Posts
depends on how much boost/hp you are running. shouldn't need it until around 450~500 hp

with your setup, it looks like your going to need it, but if you just want to get the car up and running, you should be fine

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just wondering if it is necessary to get the car running without it for now... I almost have everything I need to get the car running again. I will not be running high boost since I am on the 5SP for now....getting the car running is 1st priority. It's been almost 6 months since I drove my car and its driving me insane!

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Horacio Ramos said:
Hey Kirk what kind of DLI do you need ? Distributor type or Twin Turbo coil pack type ? Let me know I might have something for you.
Still on the distributor

·
Dont let the name fool u
496 Posts
kirkMKIV said:
I am just wondering if it is necessary to get the car running without it for now... I almost have everything I need to get the car running again. I will not be running high boost since I am on the 5SP for now....getting the car running is 1st priority. It's been almost 6 months since I drove my car and its driving me insane!

Im exactly in the same stage as you are, on the 5spd an been since last nov since I drove my car....It's horrible :crying:

·
Registered
951 Posts
kirkMKIV said:
i hear you man. my car has been down for about 2 months now. had to replace the wastegate, knew it would be down for a little while, so i went ahead and installed 525cc injectors, aeromotive FPR, AEM EMS w/ 5 bar.....just waiting on the EGR block off plates to put the intake back together

before i took it down this time, i replaced the clutch and only drove it for about 200 miles. that was the first time i drove the car since like november (only 200 miles) :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts