Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
gt35/40?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna run at the track on saturday im only BPU, with hks intake , RMM downpipe, hks carbon TI exhaust and greddy BCC ..... someone told me the motor and fuel system can handle anything the stock twins throw at it on c16..... i was wondering would it be safe to run with the wastegate hose off???

TIA

-josh

im also running 6097 sparkplugs

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
man there was just a thread about this in the drag racing section 5 minutes ago. Im pretty sure there is a sticky on fuel requirements for whatever boost also. You dont need c16 at all on the stock twins. Mix whatever gas you buy with your pump gas and you will be fine. I know this has been discussed before though.

Alex

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
There are minimal gains, if any, by running much above 19-20psi on the stock turbos.
So it's not worth it to me to gain maybe 5hp, at the possible expense of shortening the stock twins' life..

Also, straight C16 is probably overkill. 100-104 octane is all you will need.

·
gt35/40?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright thanks for all the info guys!!! =) ill run 100 unleaded on 19psi i'll post my times on saturday im hoping for some good times, i got the launch pretty much DOWN on 13psi on street tires so im hoping it wont be to much harder on 19psi

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
RoToPoweRed said:
alright thanks for all the info guys!!! =) ill run 100 unleaded on 19psi i'll post my times on saturday im hoping for some good times, i got the launch pretty much DOWN on 13psi on street tires so im hoping it wont be to much harder on 19psi
The track is a whole different story my man.....good luck

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
100 unleaded gave me my monster results at bpu. 110 didnt do anything for me.

·
gt35/40?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya, i know the track is WAYYYY different, i got pretty good at launching hondas my last honda was a 94 GSR built ls/vtec 2.0 turbo by yours truely made 300 hp and 221 tq at 11psi and i could cut 1.9 - 2.1 60 foots on 40 series tires allllllll day long =)

·
what comes out the butt?
4,463 Posts
meh...the turbos arent the most efficiant at this level...but some guys run short spurts of 22lbs on the stock turbos...

-mike

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
RoToPoweRed said:
Ohhh. That kind of track. :freak:
I'm thinking about that kind that you have to make a turn or two between start and finish! :wtflol:
And there is quite a difference between 13 and 19 psi! It's GOOD! :bigthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts