Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Old School Bruiser
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll be installing my HKS intercooler hard-pipe kit (for stock SMIC and stock twins) on my MKIV tomorrow.

The car has a 3" RMM DP on the stock cat-back, and a MaxAir box with K&N cone (no other mods, no boost control, etc). I plan to keep the stock BOV as it is, and place the HKS SSQV on the pipe nearest the throttle body.

My question: do I need to hook up any vacuum lines to the HKS BOV, given that my stock BOV will remain where it is? ( I know that I do not need to recirculate the HKS, but I'm asking specifically about the 4mm vacuum line).

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
also note that you need a vacuum/pressure source for BOTH BOVs if you are going to leave the stock one in the mix -it'll blow open otherwise.

·
Old School Bruiser
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm curious why you don't just replace the stocker with the HKS. There is a install kit that will allow for that.
The hard-pipes I purchased were used, and already had a flange welded on the TB-side pipe for the HKS. It would be less of a headache to just let the stock BOV remain and to run the HKS on the flange, than to cap off the flange, buy the kit and install it in the stock location. It's obviously a purely cosmetic mod with little functionality: with stock twins and no boost control, the stocker can handle things just fine, I just wanted the "whooosh". :dunno:

yes u need a vacuum source for the bov.
T one off from the intake manifold
Noted, thank you. Is there a preference to a vacuum source, or will any (such as the intake manifold vac source mentioned above) suffice?
also note that you need a vacuum/pressure source for BOTH BOVs if you are going to leave the stock one in the mix -it'll blow open otherwise.
The stock one will remain untouched, so it already has a source (correct?).

·
Hardtopper
2,473 Posts
Any boost/vacuum source from the intake manifold will be fine -- T'd or otherwise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts