Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
2,054 Posts
I would try replacing the thermostat which cost about $11-12 thru Elmhurst. If that doesn’t help then I would replace the water temp sensor that located in the upper water neck. That sensor is where your gauge gets it’s reading from. Cost on that is about $15-16… Hope that helps! :)

· Banned
2,054 Posts
chupacabra said:
Well, i just did a flush and refilled with new Toyota red. I will do it again when i replace the thermostat. Two flushes are better than one.

Also, i have noticed that the electric fan runs more often now. Does it have it's own sensor, or does it read the same sensor that the temperature gauge reads?
When you flush it this time just be sure that nothing but clear water is coming out. As for the second fan/auxiliary fan, yes it has its own sensor. The sensor is located at the bottom of the radiator. When I was on the stock ecu I just unplugged the sensor all together. This allows the auxiliary fan to run FULL-TIME. Nothing like extra cooling. The mod can be found on www.mkiv.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.